upgrade eligibility

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by biomonk, May 3, 2020.

1. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Yes, you are eligible for the upgrade. Thanks, Parallels team.

2. McallenT@P

Hello, Yes, you are right. Upgrade license cost is lesser than the new license cost. Thanks, Parallels Team.

3. DariusS1

DariusS1 Bit poster

Hi. Tried to raise a suport ticket, but haven't hard anything from your support team. This thread is somewhat alive, hence asking here. I currently have subscription that ends on December 2nd. How do I extend it by leveraging the Black Friday deals? Or is this not possible? What would happen if I purchased the Upgrade licence - would it work to extend the subscription? In addition to that - would purchasing 'for a company' affect the current licences in any way shape or form gives the fact that the current licences were purchased individually? And lastly - I also have a legacy licence in my account which says "Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac (Full version; Multilingual)" - is it eligible for upgrade with the Upgrade licence (subscription)? Thanks.

4. AlexandreC8

AlexandreC8 Bit poster

Hi, I have an old version 8, but I unistall it. Now Id like to instal again. Can I buy the 14 payung the uprade price?

2. can use it in an old iMAc High Sierra and after change the license to a MacBoo Air M1?

Tks

5. AlexB31

AlexB31 Bit poster

Fantastic; thanks Mcallen. :)

6. McallenT@P

Hello @DariusS1, Yes you can purchase the upgrade license and use it to extend the subscription. You must also disable the autorenewal of the existing subscription. Yes, the version 7 Parallels Desktop is eligible for the upgrade. Thanks, Parallels Team.

7. McallenT@P

Hello @AlexandreC8, you can use cannot purchase version 14 anymore. However, you can purchase the yearly subscription license of the latest version and use it on version 14 and later use the same license for M1 chip Mac. Thanks, Parallels Team.

8. ArminP2

ArminP2 Bit poster

I got an "advertisment" telling me "You are running an older version. Upgrade to Parallels Desktop 17."
    According to this thread however I am not eligible to an upgrade since my "current" version is an expired subscription. Which is true?
    Can I use the currently discounted upgrade?

9. DariusS1

DariusS1 Bit poster

Thanks @McallenT@Parallels, I have bought an upgrade licence and was able to extend the subscription. However, I have lost 3 days of my prior subscription, the upgrade key did not add up one year to the existing subscription but replaced the subscription with a new 1 year subscription instead. This is something to look out for in the future and for anyone else interested. One must make sure to not enter the upgrade key too early risking losing the available subscription period.

10. FaizulaihaJ

FaizulaihaJ Bit poster

Hello, can you please check my eligibility for the parallels 17 upgrades? I haven't renewed my subscription for this year and should I buy the new license or the upgrade one

11. ParallelsU828

ParallelsU828 Bit poster

I can't find a way to PM you. I have an old licence for v7 on my account but I can't find the licence key. Please PM me with my licence key

12. gjweppler

gjweppler Bit poster

Hello Support, I have an upgrade license shown for PD 6. Does this qualify for the upgrade to PD 17? Thank you!

13. LawrenceN1

LawrenceN1 Bit poster

Hi DariusS1 - question ( as I have been trying to work with Parallel's support unsuccessfully). For your upgrade, did you apply it to an existing Parallel's 17 subscription ? If so, was the upgrade on the same code base (ex. You upgraded a Home subscription to a new 1 - year home subscription, or, did you change versions - ex. you now have Parallel's Pro)? Thanks ahead for any assistance. All I could achieve through support was a cancellation of my purchase. Apparently, Parallel's needs to update their KB (as documented process no longer works ) : https://kb.parallels.com/en/124562

thanks, L

14. gjweppler

gjweppler Bit poster

What is the right approach to get an answer?

15. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

hello, yes, you can upgrade to Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac.

16. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, kindly let us know your query here so that we can help you out.

17. gjweppler

gjweppler Bit poster

Thanks for the reply!

18. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we are happy to assist you. Reach us back for any further queries.

19. LeandroM2

LeandroM2 Bit poster

Hey guys I have a Parallels v9 legacy license, I have to upgrade to use parallels today in 2021? And how I can do that?

20. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, please purchase Parallels Desktop for Mac 17 upgrade from https://www.parallels.com/desktop-upgrade/. Then follow the steps mentioned in https://kb.parallels.com/124250 for upgrading to Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac.