Used MacBook Pro M1

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by AntonioQ, Dec 2, 2021.

1. AntonioQ

AntonioQ Bit poster

Hello,
    I write here because recently I bought a used m1 MacBook Pro but when I want to try Parallels Desktop 17, it don't allow me to try the product.
    A message appears on screen and says "We cannot offer you a new trial because a trial period has already been requested from this Mac. The previous trial has expired."

I want to try Parallels before buying, also because I am a university student.
    Is there other way to test Parallels for m1 for me? Even just for a week.
    Thank you very much.

Attached Files:

2. GabeZs

GabeZs Member

Hello Antonio,
    You may want to try preforming an "erase all content and settings" from the system preferences menu. That will put the Mac back to factory and hopefully avoid any tedious re-imaging. I have had the displeasure of re-imaging an M1 Mac with usb media, and it is a fickle beast. Lots to go wrong and in some cases an unrecoverable notebook. Backup what is valuable and give the "erase all content and settings" a shot.

Erase all content and settings on Mac - Apple Support

3. AntonioQ

AntonioQ Bit poster

thanks for the reply. unfortunately I have already formatted the Mac several times and in the same time the old owner gave it to me already formatted

4. GabeZs

GabeZs Member

Have you tried changing the hostname of the Mac? it's just weird that the trial won't go. I'd you've never signed up for it before, there has to be something parallels is seeing specific to that Mac. Maybe it l'a looking at the MAC address or something.