No longer have confidence in Parallels

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by CherieB, Dec 1, 2021.

1. CherieB

CherieB Bit poster

V17 - support for Windows 11 & macOS 12 beta - that is a lie.
    - Windows 11 beta crashes the moment parallel tools tries to install
    - macOS12 locks up on install

What the heck is happening in Parallels? 1st-year college developers or something?

2. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello @CherieB, Please install new virtual machine and check if the Parallels tools install. Thanks, Parallels Team.

3. warnergt

warnergt Member

Windows 11 works great for me.

4. Macintosh Rescue

Macintosh Rescue Member

I'm also notting a lot of bug regressions in Parallels Desktop and often poor performance on Windows (intel) guests.
    Things have gotten bad enough to move most of my intel stuff to VirtualBox on remote access machines with the vrdp server making the screens available on my Desktop and portable Mac.

Parallels seem to be obsessed with Chromebook's at the moment and I wonder if that's eating into Mac development resources. I'm definitely scaling back my Parallels licenses but would be pleased to see Parallels return to the quality of its previous generations.

5. CherieB

CherieB Bit poster

Thank you.

6. JayG7

JayG7 Bit poster

I am seeing the same negative issues with Parallels Desktop as well. Where Win11 Arm runs well, OSX 12.1 fails to sign into iCloud and shows very poor performance. Having tried to open multiple support tickets on licensing alone was such a poor and horrible experience. I highly doubt parallels will every see anymore money from me. I would rather pay the $250 for VMware Fusion then pay another $0.01 to this company. When Parallels first came on the scene all those years ago, they were freaking great. Now.... not so much and it is a shame. They are more worried about gathering all the $$$ they can and forgot about making a solid product with solid support. Now it is all about subscriptions and empty fluff.

7. Macintosh Rescue

Macintosh Rescue Member