Parallels 17 - Windows 11 "Your PC does not meet the minimum hardware requirements"

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by EdgemontF, Dec 3, 2021.

1. EdgemontF

EdgemontF Member

Hi there:
    I just upgraded from Parallels 16 to 17.1.1 because it said it would be faster and eliminate this message:
    "Your PC does not meet the minimum hardware requirements to upgrade to Windows 11"
    I am now in Windows Update and it STILL says "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run Windows 11"
    What is the issue? This is a relatively new iMac (April 2021):
    Retina 5K, 27-inch
    3.6GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9 processor
    64GB 2667 MHz DDR4 Memory
    AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8 GB graphics display

Why does it still say I can't upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11? Do I need to update first to Windows 10, version 21H2?

Thanks!

2. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

3. EdgemontF

EdgemontF Member

Thanks - I have no idea what "legacy to UEFI" means.... this all looks too complicated for me. I'm just a simple user. Hopefully Parallels will fix this one day so it will run Windows 11 with a normal upgrade installation.

4. EdgemontF

EdgemontF Member

Just to add another point: the language promoting upgrading to Parallels 17 explicitly states that it solves this issue. Its the entire reason I upgraded. It is not solving it, if someone has to go thru all these excessive expert steps.

5. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

If you're expecting them to fix something that's not really broken then you may be waiting a very, very long time. The main point of that thread was that the warning that Windows gives is superficial and there are ways around it to allow the install to proceed successfully, but suit yourself.

6. KellyN1

KellyN1 Bit poster

I second EdgmonF's comments. The set of instructions in the pinned post is significantly to complicated for a dumb user. I too performed the parallels upgrade because of the explicit language of Windows 11 support. But, thanks to both of you for giving the information on this forum.

7. normd

normd Bit poster

By far the easiest way to get around the Microsoft refusal to upgrade W10 to W11 on Parallels is to first download the W11 ISO file. Then open Parallel Desktop then File/New and create a new VM. I do not know how to import the apps or settings for the W10 file as I only use the VM to run a few PC-only apps. Since my data and apps files are on DropBox, I just had to click on them to get them running.