Cannot use DS4 controller via bluetooth since Monterey

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by tycooko, Nov 24, 2021.

1. tycooko

tycooko Bit poster

Since updating to Monterey, if I tell my virtual machine to connect to my DualShock 4 controller, macOS "steals" that connection, linking to the controller and preventing Windows to complete the process. On the Windows side, a popup appears telling me to insert a code; I've tried three different ones (00, 0000 and 1111) and it says "Unknown device - Connection failed" and that's it. Meanwhile, as said, the controller has already been linked (without me touching anything) to macOS.
    Sometimes, Windows tells me it has connected to the controller, but it's simply not true. No Windows application "senses" it.

HarrisonG likes this.
  2. HarrisonG

HarrisonG Bit poster

I think I'm having the same issue with a bluetooth xbox controller. I can play Dirt 4 through Steam on macOS but I can't get it to connect to the VM.

3. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @MatteoP6, please upgrade to 17.1.1,, if issue persists , please provide the screenshot error message. Thanks, Parallels Team.

4. tycooko

tycooko Bit poster

I've just updated PD. The problem persists. Now it appears that the most recurring scenario is the one where Windows confirms that it has connected to the controller, whereas it actually hasn't, so no error messages to show there. I'm uploading the screenshot of the other scenario, when it says "Unknown device - Connection failed".

Attached Files:

5. HarrisonG

HarrisonG Bit poster

I'm in the same boat. The only way I can play games with a controller is to launch steam in MacOS and stream them off the VM.

6. MetinY

MetinY Bit poster

I have the same Problem with my PS4 controller. Have anyone a solution ?

7. HarrisonG

HarrisonG Bit poster

I haven't found a way to make things work properly, but streaming games from the VM to Steam on MacOS seems to work pretty well as a workaround. Still waiting on Parallels to fix things (updating didn't seem to change anything).

8. tycooko

tycooko Bit poster

So? Three months have passed. Are there any news?

9. HarrisonG1

HarrisonG1 Bit poster

Nothing has changed to my knowledge. I was following another thread and now I just use a micro usb cable for my xbox controller. For some reason windows accepts the controller when it's plugged in but the bluetooth passthrough doesn't work.

10. JohnP67

JohnP67 Bit poster

This is an issue with Parallels (any version) on Monterey.
    I have a case with Parallels support and it is now with their programmers. They have advised they are working on it and may be a fix in a future update.
    I can't connect anything to Bluetooth through windows.