VM can't access Android device via USB

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by MarkN8, Dec 5, 2021.

1. MarkN8

MarkN8 Junior Member

I have Parallels 17.1.1 on my Mac running macOS 12.01. I have an Android tablet that I would like to access through my Ubuntu or Windows 11 VMs. I plug in the Android tablet, choose the VM when the window pops up asking me where I want to connect my device. I choose the VM yet it always connects with macOS, no matter what I try.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

2. ChrisP28

ChrisP28 Bit poster

I have similar. Since 17.1.0 whenever I connect an Android device to my Windows 11 VM it sits in a connect/disconnect loop in Windows.
    Apparently 17.1.1 (51537) was supposed to contain a fix for this but I can confirm that it doesn't fix the problem.
    I'm having to roll back to 17.0 again - I really hope they fix this properly soon, it's really frustrating!

3. MarkN8

MarkN8 Junior Member

I have a rooted Android tablet that is able to connect with my Ubuntu VM sometimes but not consistently. The other tablet (which is not rooted), then one I initially posted about, won't connect to the VM at all. Very strange!