Does the upgrade key also apply to earlier program versions?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by EinN, Nov 9, 2021.

1. EinN

EinN Bit poster

If I were to purchase a Parallels desktop 17, would the program key also apply to version 15? I would start with version 15 at the beginning and only later upgrade to version 17.

2. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Yes, you can use it for yearly subscription key for version 15.
    Thanks,
    McAllen.

3. XenophonS

XenophonS Bit poster

Thanks for the information.

4. EinN

EinN Bit poster

Thanks for the answer!
    I bought an upgrade because I received an offer by email, but when I paid it and entered the product key in Parallels 15, it did not accept, but came the message (it's in German on the screenshot): "The operation cannot be performed because this license key can not be used for this version of Parallels Desktop."
    I thought I was allowed to use it with Parallels Desktop 15??? Why is it not working? Can I get my money back?

Attached Files:

5. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please send your Parallels Desktop license key in private message so that we can check and help you out. Thanks, Parallels Team.

6. EinN

EinN Bit poster

I have sent it to you...

7. EinN

EinN Bit poster

This is my private conversation with Parallels:
    24. Nov. 2021:
    There was no reply after that!?
    I feel cheated...

8. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, to clarify your misunderstanding, Parallels Desktop permanent license only can be used for a particular version. If you purchase Parallels Desktop subscription then you can downgrade to upgrade to any version of Parallels Desktop which your subscription period. As you have purchased Parallels Desktop 17 permanent license you can only activate Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac. To know the difference between permanent license and subscription please visit https://kb.parallels.com/122929. If you have any further doubts kindly reply us back.

9. EinN

EinN Bit poster

You have already explained this to me and I have understood it. What I did not understand is why you did not tell me before when I asked in this thread about a possible upgrade!? You gave me the wrong advice. I feel cheated. And my other question is still not answered: How can I get my money back???

10. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hi, we have initiated the refund for your wrong purchase. It will reflect on your bank account within 5-7 business days.

11. EinN

EinN Bit poster

Thank you! I have received the refund.

12. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @EinN, we are glad to hear that your issue got resolved.