Mac M1 W11 prerelease 22509 suddenly needs a password change

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GerhardG2, Dec 12, 2021.

1. GerhardG2

GerhardG2 Member

Hi,
    I have 2 W11 prerelease 22509 running on my new MBP 16 M1 with PD 17.1.1
    A few days ago one of the VM told me that I need to change my password in a few days, today I was forced to change the password.
    However, the 2nd VM did not inform me about an upcoming password change.
    I thought the Mac user id and password is passed to PD from my Mac, so how come one VM is now suddenly asking for a password change?
    I checked the settings in PD and W11 to see if I can stop a pw change, but did not find any such settings.
    Anybody knows what I have or can do?
    Thanks
    Gerd

2. GerhardG2

GerhardG2 Member

Nobody has an idea?
    I must have changed a setting that prevents Mac user id and password to be copied to W11. I just don't see which settings this might be.

3. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Not sure but is it Parallels asking for a password change or Windows 11? I know my work laptop has a setting that requires the password to be changed every 90 days. Perhaps when you set up the VM with the password issue there is a setting for how often the password needs to be changed? Just guessing here.

4. GerhardG2

GerhardG2 Member

I start Parallels then select the W11 VM. As soon as I see the W11 screen I get the W11 logon error with my password being incorrect. That's why I thought the user id and PW are forwarded from the Mac.
    This VM is just a totally "empty" VM I want to use for testing and learning. No apps installed. I don't have any Mac apps nor setting that I want to share with W11, which is the reason why I assume, that one of those settings also prevents the Mac user id and PW to be passed to the VM.
    Unfortunately I did not see any comments from support. I had assumed, they know exactly which settings is passing the user id and pw along to the VM.

5. GerhardG2

GerhardG2 Member

Can nobody from support help me here?