Serious problems on Windows 11 on Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by RonM9, Oct 9, 2021.

?

Have you had a similar problem?

1. Yes

25.0%
  2. No

75.0%
  1. RonM9

RonM9 Bit poster

Hello, I have a Mac Mini (8gb version) and I am trialling Parallels to see if it will work for me.

Unfortunately, when I install Windows 11, it seems to work great for a few minutes, and then it stops accepting mouse clicks. For instance, I can open new browser windows, etc, but after this happens I can't open new browser windows or click on any menu items in the dock at the bottom.

It's weird because the menu items rollover fine, but clicking them does nothing.

Would this have to do with a mouse driver? Or, is it a bug with Parallels?

MauricioB4 likes this.
  2. RonM9

RonM9 Bit poster

FYI: I am using a Microsoft Sculpt mouse and keyboard, but it seems to accept mouse and keyboard input for a while, and then stops certain things only. For instance, I can right click on things and it seems to work but clicking will highlight buttons but not display results. It's almost like Parallels isn't rendering the screen properly.

3. RonM9

RonM9 Bit poster

I just reinstalled a third time, and now everything works until I get the latest update from Microsoft. Installing that update seems to break it.

Does anyone know how to get on the beta channel and not the dev channel? My options for this are disabled, so I can't keep on a stable release.

4. RonM9

RonM9 Bit poster

Windows 22454.1000 is working fine for me. If I update to the latest Dev build, everything goes haywire.

I now believe it has nothing to do with my mouse and keyboard. I just think it's a windows bug, or Parallels is not compatible with the latest Dev build.

MauricioB4 likes this.
  5. RonM9

RonM9 Bit poster

Thanks for clearing that up!

6. MauricioB4

MauricioB4 Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem .....
    any definitive solution?
    I have everything original, parallels 17.1.1 original trial version
    big sur
    chip m1
    mac mini 2020
    please helpme here or via email: mauovernet@gmail.com
    i will pareciate so much

7. MauricioB4

MauricioB4 Bit poster

is there a windows 10 (last befor win 11) link to download please ?