Occasional beeping sound: do you experience it, and if so, when

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by MatthiasE5, Dec 20, 2021.

1. MatthiasE5

MatthiasE5 Hunter

Hello, occassionally I hear a beeping sound, like from a PC speaker, for example when I am scrolling fast and the VM seems to lag being so there is some stuttering. For example scrolling in my favorite text editor.

Do you experience this too, and is this associated with any risk, like instability, dataloss, etc? Why does it occur given the power of the M1? Are there any suggestions how to minimize chances of its occurence?

It is not disturbing as it is rare, but it does give me the feeling of "there is sth wrong for a moment".

2. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

I definitely have the same issue, particularly when doing a speed scroll with the trackpad (two-finger swipe up or down).
    While this is an irritating problem it doesn't seem to result in data errors, but of course you should be careful.

3. AlperC

AlperC Bit poster

Same issue here. I scroll down on MS Word and here the beeping sound when scrolling down. If I am on a Zoom call, they all here it.

4. DevinR3

DevinR3 Bit poster

I experience this as well. Scrolling rapidly in Word in Coherence mode reliably triggers this for me.

Specs
    MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)
    Chip Apple M1 Pro
    Memory 16GB