RC won't install

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by dcunia, May 19, 2006.

1. dcunia

dcunia Junior Member

I haven't see anyone else with this problem, so I am guessing it is just my machine.

The error message I get is that there were errors installing the software and to try again.

1. I tried installing over Beta 6. I then used the uninstaller and rebooted.

2. The install went further this time...preparing disk...it got to about 37%, and then the errors came back.

3. Tried the uninstaller again, but no go...uninstaller says there is no Parallels.

4. Rebooted, fixed persmissions (you never know! :) ) and restarted. Same error.

My next step is to see if it will install in a new user account.

Any other ideas?

MBP 1.83 w/ 1GB RAM and up to date OSX

2. dcunia

dcunia Junior Member

more info on RC won't install

Additional info. When I run the application after it fails to install completely, I get the following message:

"

Parallels Desktop is unable to operate properly since it cannot communicate with one of its drivers. Try to restart the application to overcome this issue. If restart doesn't help, re-install Parallels Desktop. Note that Parallels drivers require a short time to be properly started and initialized. So you may need to wait a minute before trying to launch the application."

3. ms @ parallels

ms @ parallels Parallels Team

4. dcunia

dcunia Junior Member

I did an Archive and Install back to 10.4.5 from my original install discs. The RC1 install subsequently went perfectly fine. I can only guess that something about the lastest round of OSX updates must have corrupted something.