Write @ symbol in Windows with unusual keyboard configuration

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MargaretM1, Dec 27, 2021.

1. MargaretM1

MargaretM1 Junior Member

Is there a keyboard shortcut to write the @ sign in Windows with the following configuration:
    iMac (Catalina) running Parallels Desktop
    Windows 10 used for translation work but not daily - but I sometimes want to write a letter in MS Word
    External Windows keyboard (Logitech) with German configuration and layout

More detail: no recommended solutions work (e.g. Alt Ctrl Q). I use a workaround, copying over from an existing file with an email address in it, or writing a file on Word for Mac, then opening it in Word for Windows.

Should I be going into Windows to change the language configuration from German to English? This seems more of a faff than copying from a Mac file!

Many thanks in advance.

WolfgangE2 likes this.
  2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @MargaretM1, please reinstall the Parallels Desktop and check, please take the backup before reinstalling the Parallels Desktop.

3. MargaretM1

MargaretM1 Junior Member

Solved! (can I indicate this somewhere?)

Thank you very much, GampaA. I could not face doing this so continued playing around. First I found that I get no better results with the original iMac keyboard. Secondly, I think I had the problem under VmWare Fusion too. So I have now solved my own problem without reinstalling Parallels or changing the keyboard configuration - Not Ctrl+Alt+Q, as often recommended, but Ctrl+Alt+L - and on Mac it would be Alt+L, so I can remember that.

GampaA@P likes this.
  4. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @MargaretM1, we are glad to hear that your got resolved. Please reach us back for any further queries.