If Windows 11 ARM makes you "change" a password that never existed

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by ScottH24, Dec 22, 2021.

1. ScottH24

ScottH24 Bit poster

The latest auto-update of the Insider pre-release of Windows 11 ARM presented me with a user login saying my password had expired and I needed to make a new one. Only problem was I had never been asked to set one up originally ...

If that happens, just leave the "current password" field blank, then go ahead and set up a password in the "new password" field and it will then go ahead and make that your password going forward.

Hope that helps someone!

Chris Law, SystemsGuy, CKK and 2 others like this.
  2. davidr75

davidr75 Bit poster

Thank you very much. This solved the same problem I was having.

3. ScottH24

ScottH24 Bit poster

Glad it helped... It felt like kind of a "Mr. Obvious" solution once i did it, but previous to that I was really struggling trying to enter my previous Windows 10 credentials, etc. I had no expectation that UI field for the password would accept no input as a success... but it did!

4. CKK

CKK Bit poster

Thank you very much. This solved the same problem.

5. stuarte1

stuarte1 Bit poster

Thank you very much! This would have been great to know before I recreated the VM

Great to know for next time!

6. SystemsGuy

SystemsGuy Bit poster

Perfect...scratched my head on this one.

7. Chris Law

Chris Law Bit poster

oh wow, thank you SO much for this! I've been internetting ever since I was a teenager and the amount of passwords I have in my brain (and my iCloud Keychain, which is a godsend for me) is literally dazzling. All the more fascinating since I can meet someone, look them in the eye, shake their hand and spend a great evening with them and not remember their name half an hour later...

Anyway. I really, really appreciate when people take the time to make posts like this once they've solved an obscure problem. You could have just worked it out and moved on, but you took the time and that to me is the magic of humanity. I hope you all reading this have a wonderful life.