Connecting Android via USB crashes Mac M1

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by UweR7, Dec 30, 2021.

1. UweR7

UweR7 Bit poster

Dear all,
    I am running Parallels 17.1.1 on a MB Air (MacOS 12.1, 16GB RAM). Whenever I tried to connect my Android phone (Samsung S21 Ultra, Android 12) via USB / MTP to either of the VMs (Windows 11 ARM, Ubuntu 20.04 ARM), this crashes the entire MacBook. Has anyone experienced something similar or am I missing something? Thanks.

2. UweR7

UweR7 Bit poster

3. OliverG10

OliverG10 Bit poster

I had a similar issue on my MacBookPro 2021 with m1 chip with the latest Parallels. Rolled back as UweR7 suggested and it worked for me.

My primary use case is Android App development so it's important to have USB connection to establish debug/deploy aspects.

I had WIndows 11 running - never seemed to detect the android device I connected. Tried forcing the connection using usb configurations and it just slowed down the entire VM, and whenever I detached the device got the pop up from parallels saying it couldn't connect to the device this time -- and then the VM started to work well from that point.

Anyway, I will be hestiating in updating parallels!