Failed to start BattlEye Service

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by BillS14, Dec 30, 2021.

1. BillS14

BillS14 Bit poster

I am using the trial version of parallels and after installing Steam, I wanted to play Destiny 2, but it requires the installation of the BattlEye Service. There seems to be an issue with installing this. See screen shot. I can't get past this and reinstalling produces the same results...

Thanks for your time.

Attached Files:

2. BrettS14

BrettS14 Bit poster

Best Answer
    It's actually Battleyes fault. They do not allow and refuse to support VM's to run it's software so games that require their anti-cheat software are out. Note that this may change since steam runs VM on it's upcoming portable device.

3. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @BillS14, Please follow the below steps to fix BattleEye.
    1. Restart your computer.
    2. Run your game as an administrator.
    3. Run the BattlEye launcher as an administrator.
    4. Run the BattlEye installer manually.
    5. Verify the integrity of your game files.
    6. Update your device drivers.

4. BillS14

BillS14 Bit poster

Thank you @GampaA@Parallels but after completing each of the 6 items you listed I see the same result as the screenshot i attached earlier. Running BattleEye installation manually (as Administrator) seems to have an error that just shuts down the .exe script.

5. BillS14

BillS14 Bit poster

Well, I guess the ability to play Destiny 2 via Parallels is not possible and it also seems like Parallels doesn't really care about that. Good business plan to avoid taking peoples money. I hope that works out for you all in the future. Let me know if you all decide to do anything about this.

6. BrettS14

BrettS14 Bit poster

Best Answer
    It's actually Battleyes fault. They do not allow and refuse to support VM's to run it's software so games that require their anti-cheat software are out. Note that this may change since steam runs VM on it's upcoming portable device.

7. PhilipT7

PhilipT7 Bit poster

I spent a few hours downloading Destiny 2 on my VM. I learned that Destiny 2 runs on DX11 instead of DX12, so a Parallels VM should be able to run it ATM. I was excited to use my personal computer with an M1 Max instead of laggy cloud gaming with GeForce NOW. But the BattlEye launcher fails to load, and I can't run it on my computer. I guess the free 1-hour sessions of GeForce NOW will have to do. I should probably be spending my own time on more important things besides gaming anyway, but for other users this feature would be really cool.

The error I get (attached) is an error 1275, differing from the image on this thread's first post. I manually started the "Install_BattlEye" Batch script, which contains the following text. It immediately crashes upon startup.

Code:
    @echo off
    echo Installing BattlEye...
    ..\destiny2launcher.exe 1 0
    "BEService_x64" in the "Destiny 2/battleye" folder does the same thing. The file "destiny2" in the "Destiny 2" parent directory doesn't do anything except make Windows show the spinning blue refresh cursor for a few seconds. Clicking on "destiny2launcher" in the "Destiny 2" folder produces the 1275 error code, which is odd because you'd expect to see that popup from the "Install_BattlEye" script.

Attached Files:

8. MartinP15

MartinP15 Bit poster

Can you please do something about this situation ? It seems impossible to use BattlEye with Parallels : if there is no solution, can you say so, and cut the suspens ?

9. RonnyS3

RonnyS3 Bit poster

Igual yo tengo el mismo problema, quería jugar Fortnite y el BattlEye no me lo permita! Por favor Parallels, ayúdanos con esto! Son una muy buena herramienta, pero optimicen mejor el apartado gaming.

10. Devs2

Devs2 Bit poster

BattlEye doesn't work on VMs. I tried playing fortnite and rainbow 6 and got this error

11. Dreamcore018

Dreamcore018 Bit poster

And just to be clear... it still doesn't work. Just tried Fortnite.