Parallels Client for Chromebook with Web Authentification

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Google Chrome' started by Avi2, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Avi2

Avi2 Bit poster

Has anyone ever had the problem of using Parallel Client with a web authentication? It seems like the only option available is using credentials. However, I use parallels provided from my work and the only way they allow me to use it is with web authentication. Is there a way to do this on Chromebook. I know HTML5 works, but then I can't use a second screen and its also just annoying to use it that way. Is there any data points on this anywhere? The screenshot is how I set up the connection on a windows laptop/desktop (showing web authentication).

upload_2022-1-18_16-36-52.png

2. jpc

jpc Pro

The Parallels client for ChromeOS does not currently support web authentication. You might want to see if you can make use of the Parallels client for Android in your scenario.
    As for the HTML5 gateway, please file a request for "second screen" support in the feature request so that other users can vote on that feature and Parallels can gauge interest in such a feature.
    Could you please elaborate on what makes HTML5 "just annoying to use it that way"?