Admin rights

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Mac' started by Dirk11, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Dirk11

Dirk11 Bit poster

Hello,

How come I don't have administrator rights?

"You must be an administrator to install. Please log on as an administrator".

Ok, but how? What the am I doing wrong?

Kind Regards,

2. Dirk11

Dirk11 Bit poster

Please reply, I need to play this stupid game.
    Much Love,

3. Dirk11

Dirk11 Bit poster

What a forum. Happy happy joy joy

4. Dirk11

Dirk11 Bit poster

Am I alone on this thing?

5. jpc

jpc Pro

@Dirk11 Since you "need to play this stupid game", I'm assuming you are using Parallels Desktop. In that case, please note that this is the enterprise-side of the forum (for Parallels RAS).
    As to your issue, are you able to run the application as administrator (right click the installer)?

6. Dirk11

Dirk11 Bit poster

Dear jpc Kilo Poster,
    Actually it's not a stupid game, it's MEDAL OF HONOR.
    I already removed the DMG-file, so I can't right click the installer.
    I'm trying to run this on my only laptop, a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), and I'm not buying a new one.
    Storage capacity is limited, I don't know anything about that. I don't know what Parallels RAS is either.
    Please help,
    Dirk den Ridder

7. jpc

jpc Pro

@Dirk11
    From what I am understanding, you are running Medal of Honor for macOS; the install was successful but when you run it it asks for admin rights.
    I don't know why it would require such rights. I find it suspicious. If you want to proceed anyways, you can try to login to the local admin account and run it (or if you feel technical enough, you can try to look up the path for the game and run it using sudo from the terminal).

If I misunderstood and you are using Parallels Desktop for then if you are trying to install/run it:
    In both cases, add a screenshot of the error and information of the version of Parallels Desktop for Mac that you are using.
    In any other case, then it might be out of the scope of this forum. A more user-oriented forum like the ones at "http://discussions.apple.com/" might be more helpful.