Windows 10 stuck on "starting..." after upgrading to Parallels 17

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohannaL, Jan 21, 2022.

1. JohannaL

JohannaL Bit poster

Hi!
    I need to have my regular computer serviced, so I took out my old laptop to use while my "good one" is being repaired. I upgraded to Parallels 17 this morning, but now I can't start the Windows 10 virtual machine. I see the "starting..." screen, but then it stays like that for hours on end, without actually starting. Is there anything I can do, I really need to make this work?
    Grateful for all kinds of tips!
    Johanna

2. JohannaL

JohannaL Bit poster

i just figured this one out, having fretted about it since this morning! I force-quit the virtual machine in the Mac's task manager. Then I changed the settings in the Control Center so that on startup, I got a full screen instead of coherence. That way I could see what was going on when Windows was trying to start up... it was simply waiting for a password to be entered! Which i could not see until i got myself into full screen. I just thought it was worth posting the solution here, in case someone else has the same problem.

3. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello, please follow the knowledge base article https://kb.parallels.com/123094 to Force restart a frozen Windows virtual machine.