MBP 16 Max, Win11, UT2004, USB keyboard gets stuck within Windows only

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by wavemechanic, Jan 21, 2022.

1. wavemechanic

wavemechanic Junior Member

Game works perfectly 99.9% of the time, but occasionally my keyboard stops working and the last key I was pressing remains permanently active. Most of the time this is the W key, since it is the key to move forward. Once this problem occurs, it cannot be fixed even if I unplug and plug the keyboard back in. Oddly, the mouse continues to work fine despite being connected via the keyboard. I should add that the keyboard is attached through a USB hub connected to a Thunderbolt adapter (Apple brand). The only way out of the problem that I've found so far is to press CMD+OPT+ESC and force-quit Parallels, proving that the keyboard is still working on the Mac side but breaks only within the Parallels guest OS. In short, Apple key commands continue to work but Windows key commands don't. Seems like a Windows problem losing connection with the keyboard that is unrecoverable.

2. wavemechanic

wavemechanic Junior Member

3. maxpaj

maxpaj Bit poster

POSSIBLE SOLUTION: Try connecting your keyboard as a USB device to Windows (there is a feature for this in Parallels), and remove the "Virtual Keyboard" under "Bluetooth and devices" inside Windows. So far no freezes for me with this solution!

4. MatteoT1

MatteoT1 Bit poster

I have found that by connecting a controller I can navigate the game and at least quick save so that when I get back to playing I'm left at where the bug happened... but have not found a way of getting it unstuck yet. Tried everything