Solid Edge 2021 - Student version

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by SaschaL3, Jun 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. SaschaL3

SaschaL3 Bit poster

Hello,

I can't get Solid Edge 2021 - Student Version running. keyshot works on the Win10-ARM version.

Does anybody have some useful information?

The installation works fine as well, but Solid Edge won't start.

Thanks in advance!

MichaelS115 likes this.
  2. CarlS4

CarlS4 Bit poster

Something like that no one came to help you = (
    And I also do not know the answer to your question = (

3. MichaelS115

MichaelS115 Member

I have the same problem.

4. CraigC13

CraigC13 Bit poster

Hello to you.
    Someone has found a solution to the problem? I'm having the same difficulty now.

5. JoeB27

JoeB27 Bit poster

Hello CraigC13,
    While I do appreciate your kind reply, I am NOT at all interested in the student version, as it is purposefully crippled and reduced in functionality.
    This is not an educational discount, in the traditional meaning. It is a lesser product that does not appear attractive.
    I'm strongly incentivized by my negative experience here at the Parallels forum to give VMware a try.
    Just asking a question about the Parallels product is an ordeal.
    I think my principle of considering the company's performance in clerical tasks (e.g., answering a polite yet relevant question) is proving to me that it is valid and correlates to user satisfaction. In simple terms, if the forum cannot or will not deliver a responsive answer to a well-posed question, then I have my decision made easier.
    With kindest regards, Joe

6. CraigC13

CraigC13 Bit poster

I completely understand your opinions. I prefer the student version for the most part, as its features are very convenient for me. I used to use the virtual machine for essay writing. But since I discovered EduBirdie on https://edubirdie.org/edubirdie-review-the-most-honest-and-reliable/, which is the most honest and reliable essay writing service, I use it less. I think you probably have good reasons to complain.

7. Davide Polverosi

Davide Polverosi Bit poster

SOLID EDGE 2022 funziona alla grande su Apple Silicon M1 pro, Windows 11 ARM virtualizzato da Parallels 18.

8. JohnB120

JohnB120

Thanks for the information!