Cannot run Vista under Parallels Desktop (sigh)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by cyberchucktx, May 18, 2006.

1. cyberchucktx

cyberchucktx Junior Member

All:

Just for the heck of it, I tried installing and running the Windows Vista "Upgrade Advisor" under Paralells Desktop RC (XP/SP2).

I got the following messages:

========================
    "We're sorry, but your PC cannot currently install and run the core experiences of Windows Vista"

You will need to take the following actions to run Windows Vista:

Upgrade your CPU
    800 Mhz required to install Windows Vista (Your computer currently has 0.00 Hz)

Additional hard drive storage
    15GB free space required (Your computer currently has 8.68 GB)
    ========================

I'm not worried about #2 (additional storage). but the 0.00Hz CPU gave me a laugh
    (how did I run the program on a 0.00Hz CPU? That's what you call VIRTUAL ! <grin>).

Charlie

2. peterwor

peterwor Hunter

Vista runs fine under PW... I can only assume it will continue to do so when it becomes GA in 2007.

Peter

3. RujusMacBook

RujusMacBook Member

How did you run Vista without APCI support?

4. mbender71

mbender71 Bit poster

Yes Peter, *PLEASE* tell us how you Vista without the APCI support!!

ps> please don't give us the "if you're an official tester, then you should know how" line :)))

5. cyberchucktx

cyberchucktx Junior Member

MICROSOFT UPGRADE ADVISOR says Vista won't run

All:

To clarify my initial posting (that started this thread):

I RAN THE MICROSOFT VISTA UPGRADE ADVISOR to get the information given in my posting.

I *assume* that Vista will actually run just fine. I should have a beta at some point soon (I'm at a University) and I'll give it a spin.

I was amused by the Upgrade Advisor saying my CPU was "0.00" Hz.

Charlie

6. UKP

UKP Member

However your topic was misleading "Cannot run Vista under Parallels Desktop (sigh)"

Anyway, vista will not install, it complains about the lack of ACPI support.