Vulkan Support

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by DashtonP, Aug 13, 2019.

1. PierreC11

PierreC11 Bit poster

Same lack of support for Quake Remastered.

JonathanA9 likes this.
  2. UltimatronX

UltimatronX Bit poster

I agree. I'm trying to run yuzu, the Nintendo Switch emulator on macOS, and it requires Vulkan support...right now the alternative is to install Zink for OpenGL 4.x support on macOS, through MoltenVK, and I'm not very eager to dive into that due to limited resources and knowledge.

3. Wafeeqrox

Wafeeqrox Bit poster

helps alot for emulation as well

4. levulop808

levulop808 Bit poster

Ran into the Quake Remastered issue tonight as well. Vulkan support would be much appreciated!

JonathanA9 likes this.
  5. elliotb1

elliotb1 Bit poster

I also want to run yuzu and cemu and vulkan is pretty much required, I just bought an intel mbp and refuse to restart just to game, people buy parallels to use from macOS, please support your intel users and add vulkan support.

6. JeremyR9

JeremyR9 Bit poster

Bump for Vulkan Support, I'm holding off on buying Parallels until it is supported

AndrejsC and JonathanA9 like this.
  7. JeremyR9

JeremyR9 Bit poster

I would love it if Parallels supported Vulkan, if I could run No Man's Sky on Windows via Parallels, I'd buy Parallels in a heart beat. Add my request to the growing list.

8. SergeiP2

SergeiP2 Bit poster

Bump for Vulkan Support, I'm holding off on buying Parallels until it is supported

JonathanA9 and JeremyR9 like this.
  9. JPJ1

JPJ1 Bit poster

Need Vulcan support to play on my M1 Mac, No Man's Sky and Doom Ultimate. Please.

JonathanA9 likes this.
  10. JonathanA9

JonathanA9 Junior Member

I completely agree. We need Vulkan support and DirectX 12 support so we can play modern games on Parallels.

11. CarlosC18

CarlosC18 Bit poster

When would Vulkan be supported in Parallels? I'd purchase a subscription if I could run Detroit on it. Please

12. kunze50

kunze50 Bit poster

It will have to be implemented soon or the current Autodesk client base would abandon ship. Autodesk has road mapped the use of Vulkan in future releases.

AndrejsC and JeremyR9 like this.
  13. JoshuaJ5

JoshuaJ5 Bit poster

I want this too

14. anonymous3

anonymous3 Bit poster

Would love to see vulkan support inside of linux vms.

15. AndrejsC

AndrejsC Bit poster

Do the developers reply in the forums?

16. Biagio Paruolo

Biagio Paruolo Bit poster

17. BrettB7

BrettB7 Bit poster

+1 for this too. With the advent of new M1/M2 Macs, and not able to dual boot, we have to rely on Parallels for Windows dev work. Vulkan support would allow us to continue to use Parallels for our dev work.

AndrejsC likes this.
  18. Cesar5

Cesar5 Bit poster

19. BerndL6

BerndL6 Bit poster

Vulkan support would be a game changer for us as game developers. If done well maybe this could be an option for fans of our games, to run games on powerful M1 / M2 macbooks. Please consider!

20. TimK13

TimK13 Junior Member

Honestly, without Vulkan support, and with only OpenGL 3.3 available.. my use case for Parallels is a increasingly diminished.

I'm a game developer, I mostly focus on OpenGL and increasingly Vulkan. Having the ability to target these frameworks via Parallels is of great benefit to me, as a developer.

I may yet explore DX11 (which is supported), and perhaps one day DX12 might become an option.. but the world is bigger than Direct-X

I may have to ask for a refund on my Pro subscription until Parallels can offer up a roadmap that meets my objectives.. until then, I'll just keep using a Remote Desktop to a real PC.

LaraS likes this.