Very slow upload speeds

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Peter56, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Peter56

Peter56 Bit poster

I have parallels 16 desktop on a 2015 MacBook pro with 2.2 ghz quad core i7, running macOS Catalina 10.15.7.

I have about 400 mbps download speed on host, and similar numbers on VM. Upload on host is 17.83 mbps, but only between .5 and .9 on VM. I've tried turning on network conditioner, setting bandwidths to unlimited, etc and nothing has helped increase upload speed.

Upload speed is extremely important to me as I sync data files for work to the cloud, but this problem is causing it to take hours to sync. Any ideas how I can increase my upload speeds at all on parallels? Super frustrated!

2. ScottS41

ScottS41 Bit poster

I can't believe there is no answer to this, did you find a solution? I am battling the same issue and am constantly restarting the VM to get the upstream data to co above .4kb/sec

3. GDev

GDev Bit poster

4. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

5. Avinash Bundhoo

Avinash Bundhoo Staff Member

Hello,

We can recommend trying to adjust the following setting for a known possibly related issue with upload speeds and checking if the issue persists:

1. Start your virtual machine.
    2. Right-click on "Start" icon ->.select "Device Manager".
    3. Expand "Network Adapters".
    4. Right-click Parallels VirtIO Ethernet Adapter -> click "Properties" -> go to "Advanced" tab.
    5. Locate the property, "Offload.Tx.LSO" -> set its value to "Disabled".

For additional information, please check the following article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/129589

Please let us know the results.

Looking forward to hearing from you.