Speaker pops using Parallels (latest version) on Monterey 12.2

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Michael95, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Michael95

Michael95 Bit poster

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing speaker pops when playing music on the host side while using a Parallels guest (Win 11 for me). I have only noticed this since I updated to macOS 12.2, and this seems to happen through my MBP speakers and not headphones.

I guess if I'm the only one maybe this can be a bug report.

Thanks

2. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

Absolutely. Lots of pops and inconsistent sounds. No clue what the problem is.

3. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Assuming I am understanding you correctly - none when the only "sound" us music from the macOS side. I have heard weird sounds occasionally when playing some games through Steam on the Windows 11 PRO ARM side, but nothing out of the ordinary when playing music through the Apple Music app and working on the Windows 11 side. (Windows 11 PRO ARM/Parallels 17.1.1/Mac Monterey 12.2)

4. Kenneth6

Kenneth6 Bit poster

I have simular issue, with poping sounds when scrolling in the guest (windows 11), also jitter/stuttering sound playing inside guest. Seems related to trottling/lack of resources. I have M1 MAX 32GB. All recent updates.