Anno 1800 on new Mac Book Pro M1 Pro Chip/Windows 11

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by SebastienB5, Nov 9, 2021.

1. SebastienB5

SebastienB5 Bit poster

Anybody has tried to run Anno 1800 on the new Macbook Pro with the M1 pro chip and under windows 11?

2. ThomasR43

ThomasR43 Bit poster

Best Answer
    Please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Anno 1800\Bin\Win64 and open the settings of Anno1800.exe, then go to compatibility and choose Windows 8. Then go to emulation settings and choose secure emulation (or safe emulation in english?). That's what was working for me.

PeterW62 and FakeA1 like this.
  3. Parakek

Parakek Bit poster

Yes. Works...mostly.
    Is this still of interest?

4. SebastienB5

SebastienB5 Bit poster

Yes this is still of interest! From your comment I understand that it might show some issues?

5. Parakek

Parakek Bit poster

It works well, besides very slow loading times. But you have to set the VM as optimized for gaming and you have to remove the sharing of at least "My Documents" with the host, as otherwise savegames will not work.

6. Unfortunately with MBP 32GB 16GPU and Parallels Desktop 18 Standard and W11 Pro it's crashing all the time on my end.
    VM is isolated, optimized for games, Fullscreen optimized for games aswell, but it's always going to die while loading the first screen where normally the epilepsy warning comes up. Also I've tried to change the compatibility for ARM.
    Has anything changed since last year that it cannot work anymore?
    Those with a working setup: Could you describe your setup, i.e. @Parakek?
    Thanks in advance.

7. FakeA1

FakeA1 Bit poster

I have the exact same issue now on my M1 MacBook Pro 14ยดยด with 32 gigs and 16 GPU cores. I already changed the config file in all possible ways, but it always crashes when it comes to the warning screen. Did you find any solution which helped?

8. ThomasR43

ThomasR43 Bit poster

Best Answer
    Please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Anno 1800\Bin\Win64 and open the settings of Anno1800.exe, then go to compatibility and choose Windows 8. Then go to emulation settings and choose secure emulation (or safe emulation in english?). That's what was working for me.

PeterW62 and FakeA1 like this.
  9. FakeA1

FakeA1 Bit poster

You are my hero of the day. Thank you very much <3 After a month not being able to play Anno 1800, I can finally play again thanks to you

PeterW62 likes this.
  10. PeterW62

PeterW62

OMG! Thank you! This worked for me too after a year plus of not being able to play.
    I have an M1 16" Macbook Pro 64 GB Ram, on Ventura 13.2.1. Running Anno 1800 on Parallels Desktop 19.2.1 and Windows 11 from the Ubisoft Game launcher.