Windows 10 black screen

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PercyM1, Jun 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. James Rome

James Rome Hunter

Ah, I managed to start Task Manager in the blinking mode. When the screen goes black, Windows Explorer is suspended! It then comes back when the desktop reappears https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbdk62ak5sbk08k/WindowsExplorerSuspended.png?dl=0
    [​IMG]

2. RachelM2

RachelM2 Bit poster

I too was getting the Windows 10 black screen after updating Parallel Desktop. The Actions > Reset worked. Thank you!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  3. James Rome

James Rome Hunter

Well developer's version 21332 seems to have fixed this finally.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  4. Hi, if the issue reoccurs please let us know.

5. Hallan

Hallan Bit poster

I need help please.. My parallels Windows 10 stopped work :( I'm trying to shutdown clicking on the button Shutdown but it doesn't work..it just stay "suspended"

Sarah13 likes this.
  6. Sarah13

Sarah13 Bit poster

I need help please.. My parallels Windows 10 stopped work :( I'm trying to shutdown clicking on the button Shutdown but it doesn't work..it just stay "suspended"

7. AnnieK

AnnieK Bit poster

I am having the black screen and nothing is working. I can get to the configuration but most things it asks me to change don't work. Need help ASAP>

Attached Files:

8. Hello, did you try to reset your VM?
    If the issue still there please collect the tech report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.

9. ThiagoM6

ThiagoM6 Bit poster

I am having the same problem here. You guys charge a lot and don`t even have a software that works. Really annoyed. Action reset does NOT work.

10. ThiagoM6

ThiagoM6 Bit poster

382836077 tech report

11. joes19

joes19 Bit poster

386644739 Tech Report. Everything works until after inputting the password, in which the black screen occurs. I have reset the VM using Actions > reset, however, the error still occurs. Activity monitor runs.

12. RandalK

RandalK Bit poster

I have multiple users on my Mac running Parallels Windows. All running Windows instances went blackscreen. All attempts to start new Windows VMs, snapshots of Windows VMs, or reset Windows VMs failed with blackscreen. I logged all users off, reboot my Mac, killed all Mac user processes that automatically restart, and restarted Parallels for one of my users. The Windows VM starts up as expected. I did not check on cpu, mem, or disk before restarting everything. Your mileage may vary.

13. RandalK

RandalK Bit poster

I am running Parallels 17.1.1 (51537) on my iMac. Windows black-screened on me again. I opened Activity Monitor and found Memory Used at 38GB of Physical Memory 40GB. I ended all my parallels virtual machines. I stopped Parallels. That brought Memory Used down to ~24GB. I was able to start parallels. I was able to start my Windows VM.

It would appear that the memory management of Parallels and Windows VMs leaves something to be desired.