M1 Mac - Win 11 okay, but software inside not

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JeanetteM1, Feb 21, 2022.

1. JeanetteM1

JeanetteM1 Bit poster

I have an M1 Mac, and I have Parallels desktop 17.1.1 (51537) and Windows 11 build 22000.318 and it opens fine. But I have a software that I need for my business that says it is compatible with Windows 11. When I open it, it opens fine. But when I go to open a client that is there within it it opens the first window fine with information on the version of windows and information on the client. But when I click OK another small horizontal window opens with a yellow warning triangle with an exclamation mark inside it and a note to the right saying "[xxxxxxxxx] does not exist. Would you like to create a new one?" This is, of course without the quotes and without the brackets, with the x's actually being the client's id number. I have 2 options, yes or no. Since the client is there, as I can see them and the others, I select no and the box goes away and nothing happens. I cannot open any of my clients. Someone told me this is due to the M1 being ARM. Parallels instructions are for those who have not yet installed parallels, but I have and need to know what to do with this. Thank you.

2. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

Check that you have file sharing turned on. Also, you might try moving the clients to a folder inside of C:// if sharing isn't working.

3. JeanetteM1

JeanetteM1 Bit poster

Thank you but the folder is inside C:// and sharing is on.