"Record Window" Tool does not select the window

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by DavidU5, Feb 22, 2022.

1. DavidU5

DavidU5 Bit poster

I'm having issues with the "Record Window" tool. When activated it selects the whole window (greyed out) momentarily then defaults back a very small selected area. If you move the curser around, it selects the whole window again, but again defaults back to a smaller area. It is the much smaller area which is recorded each time and not the window thats trying to be selected. Any help would be appreciated, or if anyone is experiencing the same issue. Thank in advance.

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,

could you pls share video of problem with us? You can record it using Record Screen tool, btw.

3. DavidU5

DavidU5 Bit poster

Hi This is a short recording of the problem:

4. sergk

Thanks for video. Usually such issues appear if there is some application that created invisible window and "Record Window" incorrectly detects it as top window.
    As first step let's try to determine which application causes the problem:
    - Start quitting from launched applications (especially applications that have icon in mac menu bar) one by one
    - After quitting from next application check the behavior of "Record Window"
    - If problem vanished then remember what application you've quit and post it's name here
    - If problem persists then quit next application and try again

If we determine application that causes the issue then we can add fix for it in next version of Parallels Toolbox.

5. DavidU5

DavidU5 Bit poster

Hi thank you for your prompt response. Indeed that was the problem.
    I use a cursor highlighter program called "Cursor King" that highlights my cursor clicks when recording videos in OBS, its this that caused the problems.

Once disabled it functions perfectly. Unfortunately its stops me highlighting the cursor click when using the tool to record windows.

I tried running it again once the window was being recorded. Although the window continued to record it did not record the highlighted cursor, which of course makes sense as its another window.

Not sure if you have a fix for this or if you have plans to incorporate a cursor highlighter tool that could be used in conjunction with the Window Record tool.

Thank you for your continued support and product development.

6. sergk

We will start with investigation of "Cursor King" application. Highly likely we will add fix for this application.