Does SwSoft actually read these boards?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ggaudrea, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ggaudrea

ggaudrea Junior Member

I've posted three questions over the past year and haven't gotten a single response from the support team. What am I doing wrong?

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

This is a community support (self-service) BBS. For support from the vendor you send your questions to support@parallels.com or call them. There are Parallels people who participate here but this is not an official support function.

3. RealityExplorer

RealityExplorer Member

I'm surprised how often the above misguided comment is repeated.

If Parallels has management which is even slightly competent (ie, if we should ever expect them to get their act together re: quality issues, etc) they would have their
    staff replying to comments here as quickly as possible despite any disclaimers that its for user to user support. Many companies pay lots of $ to have the net scoured for comments about their products and would love to be able to immediately address any negative ones. (unfortunately not all products incline people towards using support msg boards).

Thought experiment: Pretend you have your own software company (I have had, and about to again).. You have customer A who sends a private email to the support address re an issue with the product. Customer B posts the same problem in the public forum. Who do you respond to first? B obviously since its most cost effective to potentially prevent N other users from complaining about the problem if they see its being addressed in the forum.

From a marketing/sales standpoint its also appropriate to consider the possibility that anyone reviewing the product for publication (online or off) or for purchase by a large company may turn to product forums to get an impression of the customers experiences with problems and of the responsiveness of support staff and speed of fixes. Its a major blunder to just ignore forums on your own site.

If you were running this you'd understand that customers who post to a public forum have higher odds of being the type that post elsewhere on the net also (or internally communicate within a large company) and spread word of the product, good or bad. You'd understand the power of "viral marketing", ie "word of net" to either increase sales.. or undercut sales greatly. Would you sit there knowing you have this forum right under your nose where you can make a visible impression re: good or bad customer service and attention to fixing problems quickly and paying attention to customer needs, and tell your staff to ignore it? Or to make it a higher priority?

So the question as to whether SwSoft reads these boards is equivalent to wondering whether the company is managed competently at all...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007