Applications/games not working in Windows on Arm

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Mikhail Ushakov, Feb 10, 2022.

1. kundanno

kundanno Hunter

Check point VPN does not work. Check point has said they don't plan to port support the end point client and to use capsule instead. the problem is that capsule does not support MFA.

2. grahamg2

grahamg2 Bit poster

Still issues with the Xbox app installing games (though I think this is a Microsoft issue from what I have read). And obviously the issue with Bluetooth controllers like the Xbox controllers not connecting properly to the Windows 11 ARM VM which seems like Parallels even though I have Bluetooth .

3. LutherB

LutherB Member

I'm just going to note that most 3D design/engineering software will not run yet. I've tried to install PTC Creo (any x64 version) and Solidworks 2021 and 2022. I briefly had SW 2022 running. I'm not sure if this is an OpenGL issue or a Windows 11 ARM issue (although I suspect it's the latter since older x32 versions of Creo will run).

4. henrymonk

henrymonk Member

lol after 1x years of standing my ground to fight and resist not to use Microsoft windows I am tired and maybe I will just give in and buy a gaming pc
    its a shame that apple had been so reluctant on their stance towards gaming and only seems to care about their lame ass Apple Arcade

5. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Like you I refuse to go get myself a Windows machine just to play games but wish do wish some older Windows games were easier to set up in Parallels/Windows 11ARM and that more newer games (read "Diablo 2 Resurrected") would be supported. I happen to have have found several games in Apple Arcade that I really enjoy but if you are a "hard core" gamer, not that much. Better off with a dedicated gaming machine.

henrymonk likes this.
  6. SpacedCowboy

SpacedCowboy Bit poster

Efinix FPGA tools don't work - you get the initial application running fine, but it won't call out to the sub-tools. They just launch and immediately exit.

7. SamiA4

SamiA4 Bit poster

@Risk from Palisade used to work fine on Parallels on MacBook Pro 2014. But with MacBook M1, @Risk does not work. The company says it is a problem with Parallels. I hope Parallels can make the fix quickly as we are unable to conduction simulations and risk analysis.

8. icetear

icetear Junior Member

@henrymonk: If there would be a fanless notebook with the M1 graphic performance, I'd be gone already...

9. DonaldR3

DonaldR3 Bit poster

I would like Internet download manager to work better I can only drag and drop some files I cannot integrate into other browsers I would also like X media recode

BrunoR7 likes this.
  10. MarioC10

MarioC10 Bit poster

I have two games with graphic glitches. Both are boardgame style games developed by indie companies (Fury of Dracula and The Troop bought on Steam), where some 3D objects like houses or trees keep disappearing and reappearing while moving or zooming the view. Both game have low requirements and were worked fine on Windows 10 and bootcamp).
    All my other games, some with higher pc requirements works perfectly fine.

Anyone has an idea if this kind of problem could be due to incompatibility with Windows 11 ARM, the M1 processor or Parallel Desktop?

11. henrymonk

henrymonk Member

lol what's the difference , you can barely hear the fan

12. henrymonk

henrymonk Member

I like Apple Arcade but not 100% time just that kind of games
    sometimes people would want to play some real games something more mature like Wreckfest , but apple's retard management just doesn't get it
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/Wreckfest/

13. icetear

icetear Junior Member

I mean a notebook with native Windows - where I can play all the games that don't run on Parallels right now.
    But there just ain't such hardware out there in the Intel/AMD World. They're all noisy. That's the reason why I stick with the M1 and hope that Apple puts more love into gaming eventually.

14. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

According to several posts I found on Google, Steam released an app with native support for M1 Macs back last September. Not sure how accurate these posts are (or you source for that matter). I guess from your post it would depend on whether the developers are using Steam as a distributor or as a platform.

15. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

I will take your word for it but how do you tell if the app is Intel or Universal - just curious - because I didn't know there was a way to tell. Thanks.

16. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Thanks. Mine says Kind of Application Intel.

17. daoosp

daoosp Bit poster

Hey, can anoyone tell me if i can run apks on the windows 11 with parallel? Specially mod apks

18. Silvan1

Silvan1 Member

GTA 5 works

19. daoosp

daoosp Bit poster

20. Dirkv9

Dirkv9 Bit poster

Hi all,
    maybe this issue regarding "Age of Empires II HD" is easy to solve for you:
    running Parallels 17 on M1 Mac with Windows 11 ARM
    STEAM Client installed and also AoE2
    There is no problem running the game BUT if I am connecting via multiplayer the game stops after 5 minutes of playing with "out of sync"-error. It seems the network is not responding fast enough to the host.
    Is there any way to fix this? I am using "shared network (recommended)".

Thank you for a short reply.