I can not remove a virtual machine from Control Center.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by wwh1, Mar 27, 2022.

1. wwh1

wwh1 Bit poster

I tried to create a virtual machine but finally I got a un-removable virtual machine in the Control Center. The icon shows a question mark and right click the item it showed only one "Remove xxx " menu item in the context menu and in grey/disabled status. So I have no way to remove it.
    Any other newly created virtual machine I can easily remove them by just click the "Remote xxx" menu which is enabled in the context menu.
    Anything I can do to remove it?

Thanks
    wwh

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, please help us with the screenshot of that error.

3. wwh1

wwh1 Bit poster

Error snapshot for "Amazon-Windows10" VM. I can not remove the "Amazon-Windows10".
    upload_2022-3-28_23-32-36.png

Normal one for "Windows 10" VM, I can remove it.
    upload_2022-3-28_23-33-9.png

4. wwh1

wwh1 Bit poster

Hello, any idea about above problem? Thanks!

5. J McKeown

J McKeown Bit poster

similar state. I had some data loss, and some of my .pvms are gone but control center won't let me remove them.

6. DuranJ

DuranJ Bit poster

I also experienced some data loss.

7. DuranJ

DuranJ Bit poster

Please help me.

8. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    As possible solution, open Terminal (Applications > Utilities > Terminal) and execute the following command:
    rm -rfd ~/Library/Saved\ Application\ State/com.parallels.desktop.console.savedState

Quit Parallels Desktop, re-open it, then you will be able to remove the older instances with the right-click of your mouse.

Let us know if the above solution helped to solve the issue.

If in case the issue persists, with the help of this article, kindly provide us with the 9 Digits technical report: https://kb.parallels.com/9058

Thank you.