Win11 and Coherence after 17.1.2

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by salvomic, Mar 31, 2022.

1. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

hi,
    I don't know it concerns anything with it, but after upgrading to Parallels 17.1.2 Windows 11 (ARM) I could enter in Coherence, but I can only run direct programs or switch to the Desktop leaving Coherence, it doesn't start the Menu by clicking on the icon on the Mac Dock.

Is it just my problem?

Thank you.

2. TheodK

TheodK Member

On an Intell MacBook Pro after upgrading to Parallels 17.1.2 the Windows 10 Start menu does not appear anymore.
    Dito: is it just my problem?
    Thank you.

3. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

So it looks like a general bug that doesn't depend on ARM or Intel but probably on the Parallels update... Any help?

4. TheodK

TheodK Member

Well ... it happened after the update. Then I restarted Parallels and the Windows 10 VM. And know what? The problems gone ... :confused:.
    Why? I do not know. It looks like a typical Windows quirk. Hope yours will spontaneously also disappear after a reboot, salvomic.

salvomic likes this.
  5. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

No luck here, also restarting Parallels and then Windows 11.
    Exiting from Coherence no Start menu (see attachment), in Coherence nothing from icon, expect exiting form coherence (but no menu)...

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      35.1 KB
      Views:
  6. salvomic

salvomic Hunter

To make it work again I had to close Windows and Parallels, replace an old Windows 11 ARM backup, restarted. The new Parallels Tools have been installed. I updated to the latest Microsoft update (KB5011563) and for now it works again.

I don't understand why it happened to me and TheodK, though