Installing Haiku OS on Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac / Pro Edition

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MichaelM92, Feb 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. MichaelM92

MichaelM92 Member

I have followed the instructions on this page to boot a VM off of the AnyBoot image and that works.

https://www.haiku-os.org/guides/virtualizing/parallels-desktop

However, if I try to install to another VM hard drive (which seems to work fine) and then reboot with that newly installed drive, it fails to boot and will crash in a loop.
    Has anyone had success installing Haiku on Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac / Pro Edition?

Thanks for any assistance!

AlistairM4 and RomanU like this.
  2. AlistairM4

AlistairM4 Bit poster

Having exactly the same problem. Following the exact same instructions with Haiku beta2 around September 2020 worked without issue. Tried with beta3 and beta2 now and both fail in the same way.

3. MichaelM92

MichaelM92 Member

I gave up and just added an additional VM data drive...If anybody has success, post it here please...I would prefer to have just one drive on my VM.

4. VictorD8

VictorD8 Bit poster

Having the same problem. I have used Haiku on Parallels some years ago and it worked fine. But I have not been able to create a VM with a bigger disk using beta 3 or beta 4 on Parallels 18, for which I bough a licence recently... :-(