Gaming (Nostale) on Mac

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GabrieleB3, Jun 10, 2021.

Tags:
  1. GabrieleB3

GabrieleB3 Bit poster

Hi everybody
    I have a problem gaming with my M1 MacBook and parallels. I download parallels so that I could play to my favourite game, Nostale. I downloaded the trial version of parallels and the ARM version of windows. Then I downloaded the client that hosts the game and the game itself. So far so good.

Here's the problem: when I launch the game it starts, the game's music starts playing and the cursor becomes the game's one. Anyway the screen is completely black and I cannot do anything further. Is there a known way to fix it? If so, could someone explain it to me? I'm not much of a technological guy, maybe there's an easy answer but I really have no clue on how to fix this problem.

One last info: there's no code error, just the black screen with the music running over and over again, and I can move the cursor how much I like, it's not blank or crashed

Attached Files:

2. Hello,
    could you collect the technical report once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID number here please?

3. MaciekJ1

MaciekJ1 Bit poster

Hi! I got same problem. Do You guys have any fix? :D

4. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @MaciekJ1 , could you collect the technical report id by following the knowledge article https://kb.parallels.com/9058 once the issue reproduced and post the report's ID number here please?

5. ShirleyO

ShirleyO Bit poster

I have the exact same problem here is my Report ID: 390026510
    I hope you can help since that was the only reason I installed Parallels in the first place

6. ShirleyO

ShirleyO Bit poster

did you find a way to fix it?

7. HoshiY

HoshiY Bit poster

The same issue appears on VirtualBox, NosTale works on normally VMware but performance is really bad. And with CrossOver mouse bug there is /no way/ to play this game on macOS (or even on Linux too).

I tested it half year ago on my MacBook Pro Late 2012 with Ivy Bridge i5 and HD4000, and there is blackscreen. Year or two ago I tried to test it under Ubuntu with Wine, I know there was missing extension in OpenGL or Metal (?). Maybe tomorrow I will bring more details.

Cheers, Hoshi

8. HoshiY

HoshiY Bit poster

Hey Parallels team and forum members,
    I though - why I couldn't help to fix this problem? So I prepared debug log using apitrace:
    https://github.com/apitrace/apitrace/releases
    (This is the same tool that is used for debugging Linux dx9/10/11 wrappers to vulkan, like dxvk).

The log is here: https://file.io/FboApyL0qPEQ
    (The nt_d3d9.trace is d3d9 trace file)
    Anyway, thanks.

9. HoshiY

HoshiY Bit poster

If you could use these logs to debug the issue and fix it in GPU core of the Parallels it would be great. I think it can be more useful than saying "fix that" and don't give any kinds of feedback. I also understand that downloading game takes some amount of time.

Cheers

10. STUDYGUN

STUDYGUN Bit poster

How to fix it, I have black screen when open w/ music running either. How staff member can fix it and show any response after that ?

11. STUDYGUN

STUDYGUN Bit poster

If I do these so I can play all along the way right? Btw I'll try and ty sir

12. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello, Please refer to this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/123094 and check. Thanks, Parallels Team.

13. STUDYGUN

STUDYGUN Bit poster

I mean black screen launched with nostale opening tho, not black screen from window opening. and so many people want to play nostale by the parallel but we can't cause from the nostale only opening the black and music background. Look at the mention above me, he said how to fix this problem and show response from that sir.

Thank you

14. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello, Please confirm the processor that your Mac has. Is it M1 chip or intel processor? Thanks, Parallels Team.

15. STUDYGUN

STUDYGUN Bit poster

My processor is m1

Thanks

16. STUDYGUN

STUDYGUN Bit poster

and how and what's happening? just tell us to know something's gone wrong!

17. HoshiY

HoshiY Bit poster

The issue still exists in Parallels 18 despite VMware just works fine, I hope the support of NosTale will get fixed just randomly by introducing support of Metal 3 extensions into Parallels 19 in next year. For now... it's dice roll.

18. GabrieleB3

GabrieleB3 Bit poster

Anyone found a solution?