USB interface communication issue.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GarrinC, Nov 19, 2021.

1. JustinT6

JustinT6 Bit poster

Also confirming it does not work for me.

Android phone in USB debugging mode does not stay connected to windows 11. USB device icon keeps flashing away in system tray.
    Also tried turning off "Enable USB 3.1" for that VM, no change.

2. MarcoM16

MarcoM16 Bit poster

Installed latest update 17.1.2 but issue USB communication not solved. Still not able to write serial data to Teensy 4.0 dev board the serial is still stuck.
    Please fix this as soon as possible.

3. Paya

Paya Junior Member

I have the same issues with v17.1.2.
    In Windows, my external USB camera stopped working. It just keeps connecting and disconnecting endlessly.
    On MacOS, my Android phone no longer connects and it is no longer possible to use USB debugging for Android Studio.
    It seems the latest parallels version has busted USB driver or virtual device. It just simply doesn't work no matter the OS.

4. PhilS6

PhilS6 Bit poster

Confirming what others have posted here:
    • Previously had Parallels v16 - no problems with connecting my Android device to my Windows 10 VM
    • Updated to v17.1.2 - could no longer connect my device - could not get Windows to see it at all
    • Downgraded to v17.0.1 - problem solved - Windows sees my device just fine

5. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello, We would like to suggest you upgrade Parallels Desktop to version 17.1.2 update has been released.
    And it resolves a USB device connectivity issue. Please check the issue and let us know the results.
    Thanks,
    Asish

6. JustinT6

JustinT6 Bit poster

Hello Asish,

This is still an issue with 17.1.2
    If you could ask your developers to just try and connect an Android phone in development mode to a Windows VM, they will see that it keeps cycling form connected to disconnected.

Thanks
    Justin

7. Paya

Paya Junior Member

Asish, I confirm what the poster above me (JustinT6) just said. I have exactly the same issue with Android phone in development mode, the phone keeps cycling from connected to disconnected, although I connect it to MacOS guest. I use Parallels 17.1.2. I also connect external USB camera to my Windows guest and that again keeps cycling from connected to disconnected. This is not an isolated issue and it happens in the latest release.

JustinT6 likes this.
  8. MikaelO1

MikaelO1 Bit poster

I am also on Parallels 17.1.2 (mac m1) running Win 11 Pro.
    My Android phone (Samsung Note 9) is not seen under Windows while a cam is working fine.
    Seems something related to phones, at least for me.
    Can you please check this and get it sorted? It used to work just fine.
    I would suggest you contact some users who have these problems for beta-testing a fix so that you in a future update can say that the bug was indeed fixed.

9. MikaelO1

MikaelO1 Bit poster

I downgraded to v17.0.1 as suggested and it now works although the Samsung phone was not recognized in Windows Device Manager so I had to make an update through Windows Update of the driver. So, I actually thought it might be a problem with Windows 11 Pro so I reinstalled v17.1.2 and hoped for the best but nada....
    Had a look again at the Device Manager and noted now another error:

upload_2022-5-8_3-3-49.png

Tried to update the driver again through Windows Update but this time there were no new drivers.
    Guess, I am going back to v17.0.1 again....

10. Gawied

Gawied Junior Member

I am also having the same USB issues with Parallels 17.1.2 (mac m1) running Win 11 Pro for Arm :(.
    Seems the only solution is to downgrade to v17.0.1.
    Where can I download this specific version?

11. Gawied

Gawied Junior Member

Anybody at Parallels can you please help me - I need to download v17.0.1, but I can only find the latest v17.

12. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

please find a link here: #46

13. Gawied

Gawied Junior Member

Thanks HC_3.
    Just to confirm, downgraded to v17.0.1 and my USB issues on Win 11 for Arm are now gone.

14. HC_3

HC_3 Hunter

Who has experience with the new Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac 17.1.3 (51565)? Are the usb issues fixed with it?

15. Gawied

Gawied Junior Member

I tried the new Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac 17.1.3 (51565) and it did not fix my USB issues :-(. Reverted back to v17.0.1 and all is good again.

16. Denovich

Denovich Bit poster

Thank you for your service. I keep being tempted to upgrade, but have been waiting for someone else to give it the thumbs up. I need USB to work for work.

@Asish@Parallels we've been suffering with this issue for almost 6 months. Can you at least confirm that a ticket is open for this issue?

JustinT6 and Gawied like this.
  17. JabariX

JabariX Bit poster

The new Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac 17.1.4 (51567) still does not fix this issues:(

JustinT6 likes this.
  18. JustinT6

JustinT6 Bit poster

Confirm. Android device in development most still keeps connecting and disconnecting over and over again.

19. Denovich

Denovich Bit poster

How is this still an issue? Come on @ashish@parallels, is anything happening?

JustinT6, HC_3 and Paya like this.
  20. Paya

Paya Junior Member

JustinT6 and HC_3 like this.