Mojave on 2019 16" MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PaPPy83i, Nov 10, 2020.

1. PaPPy83i

PaPPy83i Bit poster

Just purchased a 2019 16" MacBook Pro with Catalina pre-installed. I am reading online that it is not possible to downgrade to Mojave on this particular machine.
    I am trying to install Mojave via Parallels. Mojave does not appear as an available OS to install via Parallels.
    Is it totally impossible to install Mojave via Parallels on my particular model MacBook Pro? Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.

2. Hello, did you download the Mojave OS image file? What is it's size?

3. PaPPy83i

PaPPy83i Bit poster

Looks like I used a corrupt .iso file from the internet.
    I now downloaded Mojave from App Store and created .iso myself via Terminal commands and so far so good, am now able to install Mojave. Will post updates here when complete. Fingers crossed.

4. PaPPy83i

PaPPy83i Bit poster

It worked woohoo thanks all. :)
    What a relief, I was worried Mojave maybe wouldn't work on a 2019 MacBook Pro which had Catalina pre-installed.

5. PaPPy83i

PaPPy83i Bit poster

Maria, any idea what settings I need to adjust in Parallels in order to have Mojave run in full screen with Retina display etc? I am running a 2019 MacBook Pro 16" with 16GB Ram.
    Just trying to work out how many cores, RAM etc to use for Mojave in order to achieve this. Right now Mojave runs in a small square window and I can't seem to blow it up full screen.

6. Hello, please check this out and let us know if it's not that case.

7. PaPPy83i

PaPPy83i Bit poster

Thank you for the reply. That article appears to be for Windows. In any event, I tried some of the steps and still can't get Mojave to run in a native Retina resolution. Any ideas? To confirm, I run Catalina natively, run Mojave via Parallels when I need to run 32bit apps. I am not a Windows user.

8. PaPPy83i

PaPPy83i Bit poster

All good, just realised I needed to install Parallels Tools. Once Tools has been installed, all issues resolved thanks so much. :)

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  9. Thank you for your reply and for the provided results.
    Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

10. WoodyR

WoodyR Bit poster

How to turn a Mojavecombo.dmg file to .app file that Parallels can use? I"m installing Mojave on a MacBook Pro 16 in.

11. PaPPy83i

PaPPy83i Bit poster

12. ALD2

ALD2 Bit poster

Would it be worth installing and run the Mojave OS through/on the Parallels option on a 2019 Macbook Pro, when I'm currently running (the music/DAW program) Ableton Live (on Catalina) , which requires the 64GB of ram, and relatively high stress on the CPU, but not taxing compared to for eg. video programs such as Above Premiere? (I also have a need for 32-bit music apps, such as the discontinued Native Instruments B4 II).

13. VaibhavG

VaibhavG Bit poster

You can simply Download macOS Mojave ISO file and then add it to parallels and boot it. You can download it from the below link:
    Download macOS Mojave ISO

14. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we appreciate your response.