help, how can i get the trial key

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KenC2, Aug 28, 2015.

1. KenC2

KenC2 Bit poster

dear
    I have asked before but no one can help me
    I cannot request the trial key of parallel 10

the message is
    unable to request a trial key
    please check your network connection and try again. If the problem persists, contact the parallels support team.

where is the team?

how can i fix it?
    Ken

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi KenC2,
    You are not able to generate a trial key for Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac since the release of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac, You can try a trial for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac.
    Download and install Parallels Desktop 11:
    http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd11/
    Start Parallels Desktop 11. You will see the registration window. You should either sign in to your existing account or create a new one.
    After you log in or create an account, you will see the activation window. Click on Try Free for 14 days. Thanks!

3. DaleE

DaleE Member

"Unable to request a trial key, please check your network connection and try again. if the problem persists, contact the Parallels support team"
    Have same issue and need to get info on old laptop, but unable to do so without a temporary activation key for Parallels Desktop (9 in my case).... proposed solution does not solve the problem of getting into parallels legacy version temporarily. Particularly when a newer version will not run on the MacBook mid 2007. Lets try and do better than this.

4. Hi, unfortunately we cannot provide you with the Parallels Desktop 9 trial key, we stop sell and provide customers with trial key of previous version right after the newest version has been released.
    Sorry for the any inconvenience.

5. DaleE

DaleE Member

Same here. I had to install a previous MacOS (Mavericks) to retrieve some customer files and run old software, which were lost and backups corrupted. Not able to install Parallels 8 through 11 to retrieve the customer data.

Hell. Might as well create my own server and keep all these older versions. And companies warn not to go to 3rd party sites to get working software; while removing it form their web sites forcing going to those 3rd party web sites. No wonder we have so many viruses.

Depended on Parallels service to provide. Just shows how far these companies Apple, Microsoft, Intuit, HP and now Parallels will go to force obsolescence and force customers to spend hours and hours jumping through hoops to get information from an older system. These practices must stop just like the Federal laws on car manufacturers who did the same thing; not providing parts to force people to buy new cars. We must have the same legislation for tech companies because they are unwilling to do what is right for customers on their own!

6. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, we are sorry to hear that. Kindly let us know exactly what is the error you are getting while trying to activate the older version of Parallels Desktop.