Published application success to open using HTML5 client but not installed local client

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by KonF, May 2, 2022.

1. KonF

KonF Bit poster

I would like to ask for help about published application. It is aactually an application created by Java that needs to run using JRE files. It can start and run successfully if I start it using the HTML5 client. However, it fails to start if I start it from the Parallel client installed. There is one interesting thing about the local client. If I start the application using the HTML5 client and keep it open, I can start the application using the local client and the application in the HTML5 client is closed as the control is passed to the local client. I think there is something that is performed in the HTML5 client but not the local client. May I ask if there are any hints to look at so that I can add it to the application started from the local client? Thanks.

2. jpc

jpc Pro

3. KonF

KonF Bit poster

Thank you for the reply. Actually, the application doesn't come out for my case if I open it from the Parallels Client. I have got some idea from this kb
    https://kb.parallels.com/123966

So I tried to open it in the HTML5 Client first and then success to open it in the local client.

4. jpc

jpc Pro

The HTML5 Client and the local client have different feature sets. The one I linked to above is one of them.
    Generally, the local client has more integration features than the HTML5 client. Sometimes this can negatively affect the remote scenario (unintended interactions between features).

For this case I would personally suggest to try the following general (but rather crude) self-troubleshooting approach:
    • On the local client: disable all redirection options under "Connection Properties" > "Local Resources", "Printing" and "Scanning".
    • On the local client: Disable "Use client system *" and "Redirect POS devices" under "Connection Properties" > "Advanced Settings"
    • If the app starts up like this, then re-enable the options one by one (trial and error basically)
    • If the app does not start up at all (not even a taskbar icon) and RemoteApp is enabled, try disabling it (from RAS Console), logging off (client-side) and launching again
    • If the app does not start up at all, try to see if launching the app as standalone app works (Create Standard RDP connection and configure the "Programs" section)

One other thing that you did not mention are the OSes (Windows?) you are using and RAS versions (client and server, 18.3?). If not using the latest client, try to upgrade in case you hit a bug that was already resolved.

5. KonF

KonF Bit poster

Thanks! It comes out this time when I disabled all the things you mentioned. Then, I enable them one by one and found that it really relates to the one in your first post (Use client system settings (border size, fonts, etc). As my application didn't even start up, I haven't related it to the KB you post. Thank you very much for your kind help.

jpc likes this.