Licensing from the 2000s?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by cam217, May 6, 2022.

?

Should PD update the standard version to 8 vCPUs and 32GB of vRAM for fairness

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cam217

cam217 Junior Member

Hi,
    I'm always having issues understanding PD licensing...

Why is it that it is only possible to allow 4 vCPUs and 8GB of vRAM on intel macs where M1 macs go up to 8 vCPUs and 32GB of vRAM, it feels a bit like discrimination! What can we run on 8GB?? Imac Pros are very capable and Mac Pros too!

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello MornetC1, Please refer to the knowledge base article to know about the Parallels Desktop. Thanks.

3. cam217

cam217 Junior Member

What for?

4. cam217

cam217 Junior Member

It's just a chart with no useful information o_O
    It does not explain one bit the reason why M1 macs can use more vCPUs and vRAM. So I just take a guess and say Parallels made a deal with Apple to push people to get M1 macs.

I will never get a subscription to Parallels because I hate their politics!
    Actually VMWare Fusion is now FREE without restrictions on vCPUs and vRAM for personal use... ;)

5. Bhargava

Bhargava Bit poster

Hello, by using Parallels Desktop Standard Edition you can assign up to 8GB of virtual RAM for each virtual machine and up to 4 CPUs whereas by purchasing Parallels Desktop Pro Edition you can assign up to 128GB of virtual RAM for each virtual machine and up to 32 CPUs. Please refer to the knowledge base article to know about the Parallels Desktop. Thanks.

6. Anna Woods

Anna Woods Bit poster

didnt get you actually, tried online search for getting ideas about this, but i am not

7. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, these are the features designed for the Parallels Desktop Standard Edition which are not changeable. In case you want to use more than 8GB vRAM kindly purchase Parallels Desktop Pro Edition.