Question about installing Mojave as Virtual Machine

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DebbieS1, May 12, 2022.

1. DebbieS1

DebbieS1 Bit poster

I am using Mojave on my Macbook Pro, and want to also install Mojave on my new Parallels app so I can use Adobe Programs that will not run once I upgrade my laptop OS. In other words, I want to install Mojave as a virtual machine in Parallels.

Perhaps I am being unnecessarily cautious, but when I go to install it using the instructions (open Parallels, under File > New > Free Systems > Install Mac OS 10.16.14 using Recovery Partition) once I click to install it asks me where and gives me two choices: the recovery partition or on the Macintosh HD. It does not indicate that it is installing in Parallels as a virtual machine. This may sound silly, but I want to make sure that I am installing in Parallels, and am not accidentally over-writing my my own laptop system!

Can anyone verify that this is the correct way to do it. I have asked Parallels customer service themselves, but have not gotten any answers and, on a couple of other questions, they pretty much avoided the questions entirely.

Thanks in advance,
    Debbie

2. TharunP

TharunP Junior Member

Hello, Parallels Desktop is asking the location to save the .pvm file and not to overwrite the Mac host OS. You can also follow the steps from this link: https://kb.parallels.com/124786 to install the Mojave virtual machine.