Applications/games not working in Windows on Arm

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Mikhail Ushakov, Feb 10, 2022.

1. natsukirei

natsukirei Bit poster

I recently moved to mac and missed a game called world of warships, the game does not use anticheat and runs on dx11 so you can install it just fine and it runs, i get a solid 75 FPS on max settings

The issue is with the mouse and stuttering, their are moments when you zoom in to shoot your guns and the game will stutter, and the mouse acts weird, it moves extremely fast even at a low mouse speed, and sorta "stops and gos" when going around your ship

I tried with gaming optimization for mouse on and off

I think with a little optimization in parallels this game could run perfectly

2. Abhishek@P

Abhishek@P Staff Member

Hi, we recommend you to uninstall latest Windows Update and check. There is no known issues with Quicken working on Windows ARM and is fully compatible.

3. Abhishek@P

Abhishek@P Staff Member

Hi, please try to follow instructions under 'Scrolling' from this KB article and check if it helps. https://kb.parallels.com/en/6909

4. henrymonk

henrymonk Member

5. henrymonk

henrymonk Member

6. ambinder

ambinder Bit poster

FIFA 10 has magenta colors or overexposed issue, I don't know what to do with the graphics :(
    Maybe someone can help pls?

Attached Files:

7. BojanA

BojanA Junior Member

Anno 2205 has huge performance problems despite a release date of 2015! Only the smallest resolutions works. The waiting is still giant.
    GeForce Now is, however, a much better option than Parallels Desktop + Windows 11 ARM! The graphics are fluid!

CarlosR29 likes this.
  8. BojanA

BojanA Junior Member

9. ArtemT

ArtemT Bit poster

Hi guys!
    When trying to run Power and revolution geopolitical simulator 4 2022 after installing it on Steam, I get a debugger error message Debugger Detected - Please close it down and restart!". Other games are working good. Any ideas please?

10. XiaoYoung

XiaoYoung Bit poster

it takes two, randomly crashed, plz!

11. henrymonk

henrymonk Member

yea .. Geforce now saves me a lot of effort from this hell lol its addictive to just buy on steam > tap > play instantly , this is the future

its been 15 years since I have stood my ground and refuse to buy a gaming pc since I am 12

however, after doing much research , I think I am finally give in and buy a gaming pc with Gran Turismo DD Pro Premium Bundle to play Assetto Corsa competizone mod Shutoko Revival Project
    I just got my license and I think playing sim racing on this wheel would be hella fun

12. JustinSurpless

JustinSurpless Bit poster

I'm trying to play Humankind on a Mac Studio Max 64 GB - runs pretty poorly, what can I do?

13. tom.adrian

tom.adrian Bit poster

I am having the same issue with FIFA 10. Seems like the colors ingame are displayed totally wrong. The menus look fine and everything else works too!

14. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, kindly specify the exact problem you are facing while running the game.

15. FMonk

FMonk Bit poster

Trying to play Call To Arms (both original and expansion) over Steam on a M1 Ultra Mac Studio. Pressing play starts the game, the process shows up as running on Task Manager but video never starts.

16. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, kindly check if the game is compatible with ARM processor.

17. FMonk

FMonk Bit poster

I would be happy to do that if you tell me how...

18. Sidneyp

Sidneyp Bit poster

I use Parallels to be able to play on Steam. It works fine on many games on my M1 MacBook Pro.
    But in some games I have an FPS rate of around 10 and others are shifted like in the picture.
    I changed some settings in Steam or Parallels. Nothing helped. Do you maybe have a tip?
    I use Windows 11 ARM.
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-22 um 12.38.16.png

Attached Files:

19. FMonk

FMonk Bit poster

The only thing that's worked for me is setting the CPUs to 8 and the memory to 32 GB (this is the most you can give Parallels on ARM right now). It worked for Starship Troopers (the new one) but didn't work for Call to Arms.

20. JohnS116

JohnS116 Bit poster

Window 11 Pro on Apple M1Max chip Macbook Pro Parallels 17.1.4
    Autocad Architecture crashes constantly and this is reply from AutoCad tech support after days of troubleshooting:

thank you, John!

Unfortunately, this type of virtual installation does not meet the system requirements for using AutoCAD Architecture 2023 or 2022 (which doesn't mean it can't work). Using AutoCAD or AutoCAD based products via Parallels on an M1 chip can cause instabilities or rough commands, other users have reported this in the forums.

It may be worthwhile to make sure that Windows is up to date as well as any drivers that can be handled by Parallels. You can also try disabling folder sharing in Parallels settings.

Otherwise, it might be best to contact Parallels, because indeed, Autodesk provides technical support to ensure that your software is working properly, but this does not include your virtual environment.

Thank you very much.
    Best regards,
    Valentina
    Autodesk Expert