CTRL+click randomly treated as right-click in Windows 10.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jdxjohn, May 17, 2022.

1. jdxjohn

jdxjohn Member

Sometimes ctrl+click works in Windows - the standard a way to select multiple individual items. Other times it brings up the right-click context menu.
    Right now I have a situation I can press CTRL and click on one item and it is selected, I keep ctrl pressed and click another item and now I get the right-click menu.

It ruins my workflow and I'm getting frustrated that a paid, mature, product has problems with such basic, core Windows functionality. I've tried a few things but can't resolve it. Is this a bug or a 'feature'?

2. jdxjohn

jdxjohn Member

I was struggling with this again and I think I have got to the bottom of it. The apple trackpad supports pother gentle taps and harder preses - one you feel it physically click but the other is more like a touchscreen tap.
    CTRL+click works as intended. CTRL+tap is treated as right-click. Now I never use the full click as it's more effort and I am conscious of RSI etc. Is there some way to change this mapping so they are seens as identical to Parallels/Windows Guest OS?

3. jdxjohn

jdxjohn Member

I have "tap to click" enabled on Mac so I wonder if this might actually be a parallels thing because with this enabled, tapping and clicking should be identical.