Almost able to print to a USB printer

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by smirc, May 19, 2006.

1. smirc

smirc Bit poster

I'm currently using RC beta on a 15" MB Pro. I've got an HP 1320n plugged in to the USB port on the Mac. Win XP sees the printer as USB device and even correctly registers the name of it. I have no problem installing the printer drivers but I cannot print. Every time I do a test sheet it says that printing failed and the document shows there was an error in the 1320 print queue in Win XP. Does anyone have any thoughts on what to do here? I've gotten so close. It may be worth mentioning that I've had no problems printing to networked printers. Works flawlessly.

Thanks!

2. grok

grok Bit poster

I have the same problem, using an HP3380 all-in-one. During installation of the drivers (e.g., the HP installer itself), everything detected correctly and seemed to go smoothly. But nothing will print. I also have a few printers shared on my network, and used Bonjour to connect to them, which found them fine, but also can't print. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong....
    Mark

3. grok

grok Bit poster

I take it back. Bonjour printing now works, but I'd like to be able to use the direct-connect method because then I can use the scanner. The Mac drivers for this printer suck, and scanning just won't work. To use Bonjour, I have to have the printer unattached to parallels, but when I select it to attach, it won't print -- I just get the "document failed to print" message. Any clue what's going on?

4. Curlypaws

Curlypaws Bit poster

I had a very similar experience with a Dymo LabelWriter - I could get it to install correctly as far as Windows XP was concerned, but trying to send something to it generated an error.

However, after rebooting and re-enabling the printer through the Devices menu it now works and prints perfectly. This is a major step forward and means that Parallels has suddenly become very useful indeed!

Last edited: May 19, 2006
  5. gac

gac Bit poster

Also here

Same problem with W2K VM and Minolta PagePro 1250W. Things looked so good till it failed.