Bridged Network connection lost

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by ThinhL, May 6, 2022.

1. ThinhL

ThinhL Bit poster

I want to maintain a connection to my bridged network which is a USB LAN connected to a router connected to my target device. The device can be pinged on occasion and I use ssh to login. After 10-20 minutes, my ssh connection is lost because my bridged network connection is lost and the IPv4 address of my guest vm is assigned something else. Some workarounds I did were rebooting and changing the network device to Shared Network then Bridged Network until I could ping my target.

Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 4.53.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 4.54.09 PM.png
    I am using the following:
    • Parallels Desktop Version 17.1.2 (51548)
    • macOS Big Sur Version 11.6 (Host)
    • Ubuntu 18.04
      • Kernel: 5.10.60-051060-generic

2. ThinhL

ThinhL Bit poster

I want to add that I was in DHCP. My workaround was setting up a manual IPv4 address and I was able to connect to ssh without connection dropping. However, the Bridged Network connection should still work on DHCP. Even before my router was connected, I had a direct connection from my Mac to the target and the IPv4 address would turn into an IPv6 address after 10-20 minutes.

3. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello, Please refer to this KB article: https://kb.parallels.com/5148, if Network Conflict Between Virtual Machine and Other Computers on the Network.

4. RonR2

RonR2 Bit poster

Something's wrong here. I'm running 3 guest OS's from an Intel Mac - 1 Windows and 2 different linux distros. Both of my linux distros are suddenly unable to connect in bridge mode, but the Windows OS is working fine. Nothing about the 2 different linux setups has changed. There's a bug somewhere

5. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello, Kindly help us with the technical report ID of Virtual Machine by referring to this KB article, so that we can instigate the issue.