Applications/games not working in Windows on Arm

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Mikhail Ushakov, Feb 10, 2022.

1. 沈明明

沈明明 Junior Member

How does Parallels modify virtual machine configurations to bypass virtual machine detection for some games? I think Parallels officials need to provide a way for paying users

2. RonanA

RonanA Bit poster

Fall Guys does not launch on Windows 11

3. TracyN

TracyN Bit poster

I keep reading that GTA 5 works, but I'm having no luck running it. I'm using the Steam version with Rockstar Launcher. Game starts and you see the lights and sirens intro and then it crashes after about 5 seconds consistently. I've tried everything that Google has suggested with no luck.
    Running 2020 MacBook Air with M1 chip.
    Parallels Pro Edition Version 17.1.4 with Windows 11 ARM.
    Crash Log: [crashdetection] Exit code 0xc0000005 indicates a fatal game exit (reason: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION)
    I feel it's a graphics setting, but I see very little you can adjust on these M1 machines.
    Also, currently running everything with Admin privileges.
    Thanks for any help you can offer.

4. RTsui

RTsui Bit poster

I am contemplating a new Mac to replace my 2012 MacBook Pro. There is a crucial software - Turbotax standard (Canada) version that is available in Windows only. Have someone by chance try this software and can provide feedback? I don't want to get a second windows laptop just to run this. Thanks.

5. JoachimV

JoachimV Member

Stray does not work on parallels 17.1.4.

Can we expect a fix?

6. JimC15

JimC15 Bit poster

I have seen a previous post that someone was able to run TurboTax. Tryin searching the feeds.

7. SeanP9

SeanP9 Bit poster

I just tried Assassin's Creed Odyssey - crashed on launch. :(

8. yejoons

yejoons Bit poster

i want to do overwatch and fallguys things. but the overwatch cant play like normally and i cant road fallguys in steam

9. EvgenyT

EvgenyT Bit poster

Is it possible to Launch Disciples 2 or Diablo 2 remastered ?

10. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Not on my M1 iMac running P18 and Windows 11

11. JimChiu

JimChiu Bit poster

While installing SQL 2022 preview > Choose Basic installation option, it will fail to install SQL 2022. =(
    Does anyone successfully install SQL 2022 + Visual Studio 2022 with PD 18 on Apple Silicon machines? Thanks.

12. charliem4

charliem4 Bit poster

I attempted to install F1 Manager 2022 via stream on parallels 18 today on my M1 Max Macbook Pro. It installed fine, but there was an unreal engine crash before the game even finished loading.

13. RichM6

RichM6 Bit poster

PowerWash Simulator was working fine under Parallels 17.x, but upgrading to 18 seems to have broken the game's ability to register progress. I touch any surface with the water and the entire surface loses its dirt texture, but none of the progress bars register any cleaning progress. Steam says all the game's files' integrity are fine, but the game's unplayable. I suppose I could try a reinstall, but it was the installation of Parallels 18 that seems to have caused the breakage.

2020 8 GB M1 Mac Mini, Monterey.

14. PierreC12

PierreC12 Bit poster

Dear Sami,
    I am facing the same issue.
    Did you receive any answer from Palisade?
    All the best,
    Pierre

15. MobinZ

MobinZ Bit poster

Windows 11 ARM64 on M1 air
    Metatrader 5 keeps crashing
    I used to use metatrader 5 in PDinstalled on windows 11 on m1 mac. Everything was working properly until I was forced to change my version of PD from the app store version to the downloaded version from the website. after that metatrader installed successfully but keeps crashing when trying to resize the window or use strategy tester.
    After that nothing could stop crashing this software. I changed back PD to the app store version and even factory reset my mac and installed PD again. but the problem is still there.

16. JonathanA10

JonathanA10 Junior Member

Total War Warhammer 3 worked fine until the 2.1 patch, now it won't launch. The app will start, but is killed after 10-15 seconds.

17. SamiA4

SamiA4 Bit poster

Pierre: Palisade said it is not their problem! It is somehow between Microsoft and Apple ... I wish Parallels would come up with a workaround. Not sure if version 18 will solve the problem.

18. JonathanA10

JonathanA10 Junior Member

Gaming issues could very well all have to do with DirectX compatibility. Since parallels dropped support for Windows 10, and Windows 11 using DirectX 12, it breaks a lot of things that used to work. The Crossover folks have a good article about what's holding up DirectX12 support. Metal3 will hopefully bridge this gap close enough so that DirectX support can be added:
    https://www.codeweavers.com/blog/cj...etting-there-crossover-support-for-directx-12

19. ollie3

ollie3 Bit poster

Having the same issue. Very frustrating

20. SWANDY

SWANDY Pro

Anyone lately had any success getting the old MS Links 2003 game to run under Parallels 18/Windows 11 ARM? I have not tried for a few months and curious if it is worth trying again. (I also tried under Crossover and couldn't get it to work properly there either.) Thanks.