Transfer Applications From Windows XP VM to Windows 11 VM

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Kurt Todoroff, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Kurt Todoroff

Kurt Todoroff Member

I have been running a Windows XP VM on a 2009 iMac, since 2010. I run several Windows business applications in this VM. I used Parallels Transporter Agent to transfer the contents of my business Dell PC (Windows XP) to Parallels. The transport worked well, without issues. I have used the Windows XP VM without issues, for twelve years.

I replaced the 2009 Mac with a newer iMac, in May. I installed Parallels 17 and the Windows XP pvm file. All works well.

I purchased a Windows 11 license from Microsoft, and, I created a new Windows 11 VM. All works well.

I intend to upgrade my seven year old accounting software to the most recent version, and, install it in the Windows 11 VM. I want to continue using my older business applications, in the Windows 11 VM. (They are compatible with W11.) Eventually, I want to remove the Windows XP VM from this iMac.

Does Parallels provide an elegant method to transfer my desired applications (and, application support files and libraries) from the Windows XP VM to the Windows 11 VM, that is as simple as the Transporter Agent process was? This would be simpler than reinstalling all of the applications, individually, and, recreating all of the corresponding settings.

Thank you.

Kurt

2. DebasmitaM

DebasmitaM Forum Maven

Hello, you can try copying data from one Vm to another Vm by following this Kb article.

3. Kurt Todoroff

Kurt Todoroff Member

I will try this.

Thank you.

Kurt