Required Startup Apps

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ClarkC, Feb 18, 2018.

1. ClarkC

ClarkC Bit poster

Would someone please provide me with a complete list of all of the apps that must be included in my Windows startup directory in order for Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Home Edition to run properly. I found out the hard way that prl_cc.exe must be included after I deleted it, but I would like to know if there are any other apps that must also be included that I may have deleted.

Thanks.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ClarkC , can you please provide us the reason for the deletion of prl_cc.exe ?

3. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @ClarkC, there are:
    • prl_tools_service.exe
    • prl_tools.exe
    • prl_cc.exe
    • coherence.exe
    But I agree with @Arun@Parallels, why to delete the process? Are there any conflicts with other Windows apps? What's the goal?

4. ClarkC

ClarkC Bit poster

The goal was to get rid of some malware and I did not realize that those exe files were being used by Parallels. I tried reinstalling Parallels, but for some reason those files were not reinstalled in my startup directory.
    In any case, thanks so much providing that list for me.

5. IanC20

IanC20 Bit poster

Hi is prl_cc still used in the latest Parallels? And is it required in windows to enter coherence mode? Because my coherence is still greyed out after updating on my m1 Mac Studio running windows 11 VM. Thanks