Windows11 on MacBook Air M1 8GB - WHY NO ANDROID SUBSYSTEM ???? IMPORTANT

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by beta_reichertm, Jul 7, 2022.

1. beta_reichertm

beta_reichertm Bit poster

Hello
    I use a MacBook Air M1 8GB and I NEED and WANT to use the ANDROID SUBSYSTEM für Windows11 on Parallels.

But Parallels does not enable it.
    subsystem needs 8GB and parallels does not offer more than 5 GB - why no virtual RAM ?

PLEASE - WSA Windows Subsystem on Windows 11 is a absolute MUST GO Feature.

Is there a way to enable it ?

2. beta_reichertm

So, I have a Surface X here and this runs on ARM with 8GB. Here it so no problem to install the Windows Android Subsystem and it runs absolutely perfekt. With the newest insider builds it became even much better. The Surface 8 CPU is much slower than the apple M1. So this should be no problem. I think this feature can be implemented without troubles. AND 8GB is a lot of memory. Today devs think this is nuts. And there is always the option für virtual memory. Should be no problem für parallels. But they also do not make the Windows-Link App für phones to work correctly. Very sorry that they do not care at all.

3. Don Sullivan

Don Sullivan Bit poster

This seems an unnecessarily aggressive tone demanding a feature that is likely desired by only a 'very' small portion of the Parallels user base. Far more users will benefit from Parallels investing their resources to prepare the software to work well with the upcoming release of Mac OS and the latest processors incoming from Apple instead of focusing on 'niche' tools such as this. If that toolkit is that critical to you it seems it would be appropriate for you to invest in the hardware necessary to meet your needs.

4. beta_reichertm

sorry für my tone, but is a key feature of Windows 11. And do not forget. Android Apps are native ARM and M1 and M2 is ARM. And now it is known that M2 uses nested virtualization and this is demanded by many users her. Hyper V needs ist and so on. It is a key feature. And I do have other hardware but I need it on the Mac. Thank you

5. MikeC39

MikeC39 Bit poster

I am siding with Beta. My company is a manufacturer of low cost android devices. It would be a break through to run our android applications on windows, and Mac devices (using parallels). I have a MB, with M1 Pro, and 16GB Ram. I allocated 8gb of ram to the windows 11 VM. I still can't load an android app! Help!

6. EmbeddedEE

EmbeddedEE Bit poster

I agree with Beta as well. Windows and Android support are important to me for work and for play. Being able to utilize the android subsystem under windows would be a huge step forward, there are integrations there that are important to a larger customer base than you might think.