"Phantom Window" while in coherence

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SheldonD, Mar 26, 2022.

1. SheldonD

SheldonD Member

Edition Windows 11 Pro
    Version 22H2 OS build 22581.100
    Monterey macOS 12.3 (21E230)
    While in coherence, and attempting to move a Windows-window, I view a secondary ghost window/box above main window. Only occurs while in coherence. l...would appreciate some help. I have un-installed Parallels, Parallels Tool Box and issue still persists.

2. Tharun@P

Tharun@P Moderator

Hello, Please attach the screenshot of the issue along with the Mac chip (Intel/M1), Parallels Desktop version, and the Windows version. Thanks.

3. DavidA60

DavidA60 Bit poster

Hi,
    I have this issue as well. It seems to be what's showing in place of the new window layout system toolbar in windows 11.

MacOS Ventura Beta 3 (22A5295i)
    Windows 11 Pro 22H2 (22622.290)

parallelsbox.jpg parallels windows.jpg
    please ignore the horrible attempt to hide my desktop in parallels

4. DavidA60

DavidA60 Bit poster

Just had a little test, disabling snap windows in settings resolves the issue

Attached Files:

• WMT.png
      WMT.png
      File size:
      42.5 KB
      Views:
  5. SheldonD

SheldonD Member

This issue has been resolved.

6. Tharun@P

Tharun@P Moderator

Hello, We are glad to know that your issue has been resolved. You can always reach us back if you have any further queries or issues, and we will be glad to assist you further. Thanks.

7. Tharun@P

Tharun@P Moderator

Hello, We are glad to know that your issue has been resolved. You can always reach us back if you have any further queries or issues, and we will be glad to assist you further. Thanks.

8. ThomasB88

ThomasB88 Bit poster

Hi together,
    I have the same issue and it disrupts my workflow immensely...
    @DavidA60: Where can I find this setting "System->Mult tasking->Snap Windows"? ... in the VM settings or in parallels settings? I can't find them anywhere in the German client :-( Can you help?
    Thank you in advance and kind regards
    Thomas

9. ThomasB88

ThomasB88 Bit poster

Hi again,
    it seems, re-install the parallels tools did solve the problem for me with grey phantom window on my Mac!
    Thank you! (the answer has been deleted, which helped me)
    Kind regards, Thomas