Run Android apps in Windows 11

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Federico9, Oct 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Federico9

Federico9 Bit poster

Hi, I installed Windows 11 beta on Parallels 17.1, enabled nested virtualization, set memory to 8000 GB, installed Windows subsystem for Android but when I tried to install an app from the Amazon App Store, I see the Windows subsystem for Android startup window and then it closes. Could you help me? Thanks

2. Federico9

Federico9 Bit poster

I'm on a Intel MacBook Pro

3. AllanH3

AllanH3 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue. Anyone??

4. YC_3

YC_3 Bit poster

Me too. Does any one run android on windows 11 based on parallels successfully?

5. lvs1974

lvs1974 Bit poster

It works in VMWare Fusion 12.2.3 (Windows 11 Pro 21H2, with Windows features Hyper-V (Platform + Management Tools), Virtual Machine Platform, Windows Hypervisor Platform).
    But it is quite slow.
    Would be great to have it working in Parallels.

6. lvs1974

lvs1974 Bit poster

Finally!
    Version 18.0.0 (53049), Parallels Desktop Pro Edition - it works!
    No we can run android apps in Windows 11 under Parallels!
    Thanks to Parallels Team!

7. Sasorith

Sasorith Bit poster

Hi Ivs1974
    Can you explain how you do for running androids appstore in windows 11 under parallels.

8. lvs1974

lvs1974 Bit poster

9. MikeG17

MikeG17 Bit poster

Has anyone else been able to get the subsystem for Android working?
    I've enabled all the Windows Features needed, nested virtualization in Parallels, etc. I can see the VM container (vmmemWSA) starting up in task manager with a random guid for the username, it cranks away, and then that vmmemWSA process crashes (the Windows Subsystem for Android window disappears), then a new process spins up, it too crashes. The Amazon AppStore app never gets installed to the start menu, but the Microsoft Store app shows it as installed because it has an "open" button.

Ubuntu installs and operates fine under WSL.

Macbook Pro Intel (2020)
    Parallels Desktop 18 Pro, version 18.0.3 (53079)​

I've done the same in an Azure VM, and successfully used WSA there, so I know I'm installing all the necessary Windows features for it to work, it's just crashing when run in Parallels.